Need your opinion...

Jay Kersey

Earning My Ears
Hey, all.

We are going for a quick trip over Easter weekend...at least that's the plan, unless flights get grounded, etc. because of the Coronavirus. We also have a longer trip booked over the summer, staying at AKL.

Here's my dilemma... for our Easter trip, we're booked at POFQ - by far our favorite place to stay. However, my kiddos want to strike up a deal with me. IF we will downgrade to All Star Movies for the short stay, we will save close to enough to attend Villains after hours at MK while we're there. I've never stayed at All Stars before, but I think I'm willing to give it a shot so we can attend Villains. Heck, it's only three nights.

What are your thoughts? Would you do this or stick to POFQ? I appreciate your input.

I would definitely consider this! The Villains party will be a great escape from the Easter ./ Spring Break crowds!

Go for it! I'd stay away from AS Sports, that's where all the visiting teams usually get housed.

Love All Stars. Movies is fully refurbished and Music is in the process of being refurbished. I'd have no hesitation.

Villains after hours sounds like fun. I would go with All Stars (refurbished) or POP! Century.

It all depends if you are park people or resort people. We are the former so, it was a no brainer for us to downgrade a level last year to save enough to do extra events.
We are doing VAH in May ourselves and again are doing a level down resort from what we have done in the past.
Plus, you should reward your kids for their negotiating skills and like you said, it's 3 days. You won't regret the VAH event, AH events are really fun and really memorable.

Do it! Sure, you'll miss POFQ, but for a short stay it's well worth it.

I suppose I might give up Port Orleans for AS if it meant a Villains party. Oof.

If you're going to stay at All Stars, I recommend that you put "quiet area" or "away from pool" in your room request. Otherwise, it can be quite noisy.

I think it’s cool that your kids are into the planning enough to even think about that trade! You raised some good Disney fans!! 😎

If you feel like you'll be in the parks more than the resorts during your stay - I would switch to AS and attend Villains After Hours!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter