Need Your Expert Feedback

daneenm

Just call me Pollyanna ...
Hello DIS Friends!

We are west coasters, and while we have been to Disneyland and booked ADRs pretty frequently, it has been 7+ years since our last WDW trip and boy it seems much harder! We will be traveling with a group of 7, 5/13 - 5/25. From what I can see, I will need to mostly book 2 reservations (4+3) even though we plan to eat our sit down meals together . After reading through past threads, I think I have an idea of the order in which I should try for reservations, but would love feedback from anyone who has the time to take a look.

My planned order of booking is...

• Topolino's breakfast (day 8, breakfast)
• Homecomin' (day 10, dinner)
• 'Ohana (day 8, dinner)
• Beaches and Cream (day 9, mid-afternoon late lunch)
• Hoop De Doo (Day 3, tier 1 6:15)
• California Grill (day 7, dinner)
• Teppan Edo (day 6, dinner)
• Hollywood Brown Derby (day 4, lunch...maybe F! package)
• Yachtsman (day 5, dinner)
• Garden Grill (day 6, breakfast, Garden Rocks package)
• Raglan Road (day 2, dinner)

after 60 day mark...
• Maria and Enzo (day 11, dinner)
• Boathouse (day 12, dinner)

Do you think I am close on the order?

I think you are. There has been a lot of availability for some hard to gets the night before lately. However with a large group it’s probably best to lock down the ADRs.

I think you have a solid plan. Your top 5 will be tough no doubt, I would have a back up plan for those or be able to switch nights. Ex. HDD@6:15 may be tough 60+3 but shouldn't be a problem 60+5 or if you don't get Homecomin' 60+10 take boathouse and try for Homecomin' 60+11. HTH

I think you have a solid plan. Your top 5 will be tough no doubt, I would have a back up plan for those or be able to switch nights. Ex. HDD@6:15 may be tough 60+3 but shouldn't be a problem 60+5 or if you don't get Homecomin' 60+10 take boathouse and try for Homecomin' 60+11. HTH
I agree. I would lock in what you can and keep looking for options

Thanks to you all for your feedback! Just came back to say that I got everything I wanted and most for our full party of 7 in a single reservation (even Homecomin’ and Beaches andCream). I know it helps that we are going at a bit less busy time.

Two reservations (Cali Grill and Garden Grill for Garden Rocks dining) had to be broken up into 4+3 rather than party of 7. My only problem with breaking up the parties, is that I had to call for help to make the second reservation. I could find no way to not make me the ‘anchor’ party for the second slot so the system kept telling me one would be cancelled. Next time, I would have a second member of our party available to help with that. Since it was 3 am here in CA, I was trying to let everyone else sleep 😀

Thanks again for the feedback!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter