Need Wheelchair at Airport

GrammyJudy

DIS Veteran
I have arthritis in my knees and back and have a hard time standing and walking any distance. How do I arrange for a whhelchair to take me through security and to the gate. Also to have waiting for me to take me to ME.

hi grammyjudy,
if you are flying down all you have to do is contact the airline that you purchased your plane ticket from and let them know you need wheelchair assistance both ways. make sure you give them your ticket reservation number so that they can note it on your reservation. i have to do that for myself and have had to do that for relatives of mine in the past and have had no troubles. have a wonderful trip!!! :)

I am in the same situation as you are and had to use a wheelchair in December. I had my husband to push it so I just had to find one. While it was on my SWA reservation, I'm not sure that made a difference because we pretty much had to find a wheelchair when we arrived at the airport both here and in Orlando. It wasn't too difficult to find and the chair was waiting for me at the door of the plane when I arrived. In Orlando I stayed in the chair all the way to the bus and got out and got in the bus. I was soooo glad to have the place to sit while waiting nearly an hour in the disney bus line. My back goes crazy if I stand for more than a few minutes. When we left Orlando to come home the she shuttle dropped us off way, way far from the Southwest counter so I found a seat and my husband went in search of a wheelchair. At both airports the only time I got out of it was to go through the xray at security. It worked well enough that I'm going to do it again in October! BTW, if you haven't thought about it, you might consider renting an ECV offsite to use at your resort and at the parks. I have several times and it makes the trip so much easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter