Need voices of experience, please

wcw57

DIS Veteran
here is the scenario: fam arriving into MCO (DW and I will already be on property) at 8:25 for 1 night stay at ASMo. Then, next day, we transfer to Saratoga Springs.

Chances are the luggage from DME will arrive LATE.

I have advised them to hold onto bags and carry onto bus so they have what they need when they need it.

Does that seem like sound advice or being a worry-wart?

If I have a late flight, I always just carry it with me. It's not that big of a deal and I don't have to worry about it then and I can go to bed whenever I like.

Imo, your advice is good. They would need to tell the front desk CM, and for extra security tell Luggage Assistance.

I always bring my bags on the bus if I’m arriving in the evening. I don’t want to have to stay up until midnight waiting for them. You gave them good advice.

I bring everything I need for 24 hours in a carry on. If I am arriving late, I request my bags be held by luggage service til the AM. Not having to lug my bags is my favorite part of DME.

Whenever I arrive later than 7ish, I tend get my own bags. I much prefer having my bags with me vs worrying about them.

I do exactly as you have advised.
I never get my own bags unless we land after 10:00 PM. I don't care if it's 9:45, I won't need anything in those bags, so why worry about having them?
I inform the resort to hold the bags (even if it's not going to be late when I get them) since they are going to be moved the next morning. I then put the room occupied sign out, just in case someone forgets and brings them anyway. The next morning I bring my carry on stuff to them and have them transfer the whole lot at once.

FOLLOW-UP: We plan on a bit of chill-time Sunday morning before we transfer....breakfast, maybe pool...

Should we give the bags to desk to transfer as early as possible (assuming there is a glut of bags at check out time)?

I am aware that we prob won't have a room ready at ASMo till later, but at least, our bags should be there waiting for us along with out food delivery. We can hang out by SSR pools while we wait or just plain explore.

FOLLOW-UP: We plan on a bit of chill-time Sunday morning before we transfer....breakfast, maybe pool...

Should we give the bags to desk to transfer as early as possible (assuming there is a glut of bags at check out time)?

I am aware that we prob won't have a room ready at ASMo till later, but at least, our bags should be there waiting for us along with out food delivery. We can hang out by SSR pools while we wait or just plain explore.
Yes I would. Though how early you turn it in will have no direct bearing on when you get your bags. Luggage transfer is done on a schedule. So they'll send the all at once, not a guest at a time.

And doubtful the bags will be waiting on you. They rarely arrive before 4:00, 5:00. Your room should be ready prior to that (not 100% but usually)

soooo, since we have dinner reservations at WCC at 5:45 we either need to keep that evening's clothes available or (is this possible) bring the bags with us on the internal busses? Or, we could Uber, I know

soooo, since we have dinner reservations at WCC at 5:45 we either need to keep that evening's clothes available or (is this possible) bring the bags with us on the internal busses? Or, we could Uber, I know
You aren't allowed to take bags on the internal buses. If I were you, I would take a cab/Uber/Lyft over to ASMovies, with your bags, mid-afternoon. Since you're planning on just hanging out at SSR, you can take your time, leave your bags with Bell Services if you want to stay past 11. You could also have just one person take the bags to ASMovies from SSR, then go back to SSR for the day....they could head over there first thing in the morning, drop the bags, and then go back. I would take the bus from Movies to AK, then transfer to the SSR bus.
But, it depends on how much effort you want to put into moving. You will not have bags there, waiting for you, if you allow Disney to move them. I have handed off my bags prior to 8am every single time...I have never, ever had my bags before 5pm!!! Not once. If you still want to have Disney move the bags, do that, but keep your dinner clothes in a smaller bag (backpack or such that can go on the bus with you).

Yes, I would keep the clothes needed for that night with you.
Personally, what I'd do in your case
Drop transfer bags with bell services, send them to SSR
Keep what you want/need for the day, including clothes for dinner, with you. Leave those with bell services at whichever place you plan to hang out/go to the pool (I wasn't clear on if you are doing this at ASMu or SSR).
I'd use Ride Share to head to SSR when you are ready.
When you have a room call for your stuff, change and head to dinner.
When you get back from dinner, call for your bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter