• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need to Vent about Coordinator

JessHooper

Mouseketeer
Alright. A fellow DisBoarder told me about the JustMarry! discount in the book found on Unofficial Disney Site. I brought this to my Coordinator, who then tells my fiance and I that we couldn't use because we signed our contract 2 days prior to giving this code to her. No where in this book does it say that you have to give them the code before the contract is signed. We asked her if we could use it toward the other things we needed, and she said no to that too. She knows we're on a very tight budget. This is so angering. :mad: We don't even know if we're going to afford a 'reception' after our wedding. We had planned on doing a sit down dinner after the ceremony, because it is important to me to have my traditional dances (my father is sick and I want to be able to dance with him at my wedding before he passes). So the only way to do that is to have a reception. I don't know what else to do! :confused3 Any suggestions? :worried:

im dftw but i would suggest asking for the supervisor/manager at just marry & see what can be done. Can you cancel the contract & then rebook with the code?

22 days until were married at wdw! :bride: :groom:

Hi JessHooper,

If you could give us an idea of your budget ($$ per person) for the reception, we might be able to come up with something for you. I have researched a bunch of locations in Disney and the surrounding area. Were the menus at Swan and Dolphin too high? Are you willing to do a buffer or just a cocktail reception instead of dinner? Is your wedding in the evening? PM if you feel more comfortable. As for the coordinator, I am not sure there is much you do. I would just keep these things in mind when you are considering the gratuity for their services. Good luck!

penalty for canceling contract is greater than the discount :headache:
if the head boss isn't welling to budge abit about the discount...I would look to saving $ from other things you're planning.

who you planning to have the reception with? Disney or swan catering?
I don't think the discount applies to everything(addons) of the total contract, maybe just the standard package price, so it's about $200 discount. I"m not sure.
if they simply won't give the discount, I'd suggest to look past that and find savings elsewhere like flowers, photography, trasportation, the side stuffs, etc. I know flowers alone can save hundreds just by using using someone outside disney, or use silk flowers from craft stores.

we missed some savings too and could of saved a bundle. but we end up buying a lot of wedding/reception related accessories/decoration/stuffs CHEAP through discounts from online stores and Michaels 40% off coupon. :thumbsup2

I see life as things will balance itself out in the end. so what I saved today I'll end up paying for it in the future. :scratchin

You'll still have a happy wedding and a wonderful day with the family. :goodvibes

I wish there's a sticky FAQ on Swan wedding so people won't miss some of these infos.

Thanks everyone for your comments. Groom2b, included in our contract was our flowers, photography, and other little add ons. The only thing we would want to add would be our rehearsal, which is $200. We originally wanted to do our reception with Swan/Dolphin in the banquet room so we could do the traditional dances, but our menu pricing was $80 pp++. And if we want the dances, we now have to pay for a DJ too! They're not cheap!

swan catering isn't cheap =( but I think that's the normal prices for Disney too. we looked through their entire catering options for wedding and normal catering, it got too expensive for us...so we're just going have a simple dinner reception somewhere else. Custom menu can be worked out too! perhaps give them a per person price point and see if something can be put together.

might want to see if you can hire your own DJ for cheaper instead of going with their options. and if Swan allows outside vendors.

try contact the head boss to see if they can give you a break with the discount code, anything helps.
Good luck Jess! don't be discouraged by them turning you down with discount. but honestly I'd be pissed too....

Wow! I am very sorry to hear that. Is there anyone else at JustMarry that you would be able to talk to about the situation? A second opinion almost always helps.

Please keep in mind that most of the event coordinators do know about this board- and they do check it. Don't say anything here that you couldn't or wouldn't say directly to her face.

Lastly, if you're on that tight a budget and certain things are important to you (ie, a sit-down meal), you may want to consider taking out a small loan. You would, of course, need to sit down and carefully make this decision with youe DFi. Everyone knows that weddings cosst small fortunes these days. Heck, we've said if we find out we're having girls, we're going to start a college and wedding savings account when they're still in the womb! Banks love to do business, especially loans, becuase they will make a profit in the APRs, etc. If you do decide to take out a loan, be sure you shop around for the best terms and lowest percentage rates.

Good luck! I hope all sorts itself out!
xoxo

When i was married at the swan i was able to hire my own dj...i used Doc Cori from ABCDJ's...he was awesome..you can google him. We had him for the ceremony and reception and it was soooooo affordable-you have no idea..email him!

Also the swan when I had my wedding was willing to work with my menu..i told them what i could afford and we went from there..if you can't afford a full sit down meal..perhaps something more casual??? don't forget you have lots of options besides the traditional dinner-unless that is what you have your heart set on!

I agree there should be a sticky for swan weddings..
I am going to pm the mods about that.

HI Jess~ just checking in to see how things are going with you and your coordinator.

We are about to sign our contract in the next week with Just Marry! Where can I find the discount code at?
Jess, who was your coordinator, and other than this incident has your experience with them been good? PM me if you would rather answer it in private.

grover said:
I agree there should be a sticky for swan weddings..
I am going to pm the mods about that.

No need to PM I'm here :)

I'm happy to do a FAQ Sticky for Swan Brides I'll get it set up and then you can all go ahead and put what you want in. I will stress that it has to be kept as a FAQ thread ONLY otherwise vital information can be lost.

Just wondering if you were only having a custom for the reception because of the father/daughter dance?? I had my heart set on a custom at first, mainly b/c of the reception. Now we are going to have an intimate because of our budget and we are happy having 18 of our immediate family. With an intimate we can afford to have more actvities/events all week (welcome dinner, farewell breakfast, illuminations, "reception" dinner) not just one day.
Anyway, you still get a violinist and could still have your father/daughter dance right after the ceremony, where the photographer could take pics. Or you could have a reception dinner and dance there, right in front of all the guest (if you're brave). I once saw a couple dance spontaneously at their 50th anniv. dinner at a restaurant. I had no clue who they were, but everyone stopped eating and watched; there was not a dry eye in the place, including mine. Just a thought :)

I am so confused on this Disney World Wedding stuff. What is the JustMarry! discount? Can you use it on your Disney World Wedding or is it something totally different. I want a custom wedding at the pavillon and a reception somewhere either GF or AAR. Do I need this discout book? Can someone help me be "in the know". Thanks yall. And What is the Swan brides?

JDR2B777 please read the FAQ on sticky :)!

but short answer is, no you can't use any discounts with WP or anything with DFTW.

Swan wedding is done by Just Marry, just takes place at the Swan Hotel which is on Disney property. they're not related.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter