• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need to reschedule trip- DAS and other questions

swimrunmom

Earning My Ears
Hello!
Sadly, covid has struck at the worst possible time. We were to leave next week for Disney but now will have to reschedule. We are thinking of going either the last week of April or the first week of May. We also will be adding my oldest child to the trip as he will be done with school at that point. I believe I remember that the DAS pass is good for 60 days, so it should still be good for our trip. How do I go about adding my son to the pass? Also, to add the 2 rides at the parks ahead of time, do I go through the whole online process again or just the ride selection part? Finally, typically how warm is it at the end of April and beginning of May? I have MS, so heat is always a concern. We have the DAS pass and cooling towels. Any other tips for helping with the heat?

I'd go the first week of May.

For the DAS, I'd initiate another chat to add the other son prior to, and at that time you can select your 2 rides per day.

Late April/Early May is typically very mild weather. Highs in the mid to upper 70s and sunny is the norm. You may have some morning fog/low clouds which keeps the temps low. You'll want to have lightweight jackets, hoodies, etc, as the mornings and evenings can be quite chilly (combo of temps in the 50s and humidity due to the Marine layer).

Occasionally it will get either very hot or very cold. Check the forecast 3 days out from your trip. It will not be accurate further out than that.

I have a son who is heat intolerant due to autism/sensory disorder. He uses a cooling towel as well as UV blocking umbrella when it's very hot/sunny. The sun is very strong here at this time of year, so even when the air temperature is cool, you can feel like you are baking under the sun. The UV umbrella mitigates that very well. I use one as well in the summer. You can get them on Amazon. I recommend one that is silver looking, as those work the best. We use Mission brand cooling towels. They are lightweight but work very well without being overly heavy or bulky (like frogg toggs...those always end up mildewy).

I'd go the first week of May.

For the DAS, I'd initiate another chat to add the other son prior to, and at that time you can select your 2 rides per day.

Late April/Early May is typically very mild weather. Highs in the mid to upper 70s and sunny is the norm. You may have some morning fog/low clouds which keeps the temps low. You'll want to have lightweight jackets, hoodies, etc, as the mornings and evenings can be quite chilly (combo of temps in the 50s and humidity due to the Marine layer).

Occasionally it will get either very hot or very cold. Check the forecast 3 days out from your trip. It will not be accurate further out than that.

I have a son who is heat intolerant due to autism/sensory disorder. He uses a cooling towel as well as UV blocking umbrella when it's very hot/sunny. The sun is very strong here at this time of year, so even when the air temperature is cool, you can feel like you are baking under the sun. The UV umbrella mitigates that very well. I use one as well in the summer. You can get them on Amazon. I recommend one that is silver looking, as those work the best. We use Mission brand cooling towels. They are lightweight but work very well without being overly heavy or bulky (like frogg toggs...those always end up mildewy).

It sounds like you are talking about Anaheim weather. I think OP is asking about Orlando weather?

Oops! Probably right.

OP, disregard the weather talk. Heed the advice to get a UV umbrella though. It can do double duty in Florida.
That's too bad ! I was going to be very excited for those temps. 🙂 I will look into the umbrella though. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter