Need to be held accountable LOL

Disney is a great motivator :goodvibes so whatever works & gets you moving I say right on :thumbsup2Disney works for me lol need to be able to walk those parks.

We had one of our big fund raisers at work so I've been buzy with that & not here to chat, but I want you to know that I've walked a couple of times & even last night took a 30 minute bike ride.Great work on the walking and bike ride :)

The fall weather has been so beautiful, the leaves are turning & the weather has been warm. So I've been taking full advantage of it :woohoo:the weather has been really nice here too for the last 3 days any way lol

I have to keep myself motivated to move! I keep thinking of that theme song from the movie Madagascar, "You've got to move it move it, move it" Makes me laugh & think about "moving it"I have an ipod and that is one of my songs to keep me going lol

Last weekend was rough, 2 parties, 2 bottles of wine......Sounds nice to me ;)

Monday morning I was up 5 lbs :eek: :scared1: I jumped back on the band wagon & today it's only up 2 lbs. I can fix that ;)Nice to see you thinking positive!!

But I was thinking about our lifestyle change since the day after Easter, I lost over 35 lbs prior to our WDW trip in early August. I had really hoped to have 50 lbs off by end of AUgust & that hasn't happened. This extra weight has taken up real estate on my body & isn't going to budge without a long fight. So even though I haven't lost really any more since our trip, I have to think that I've maintained it and losing slowly will ensure it stays off & never comes back. So although I wish I had more off by now, I've still got over 35 lbs off & am comfortably wearing a size smaller than when I started & even fit into a 2 size smaller dress at the store last month so I'm trying not to feel discouraged about not losing much in 2 months.

Jenn, I think you were right from the beginning, setting a goal of 2 years to lose 100 lbs. Truely, I am finding it will take every bit that amount of time. Since I'm 6 months into this & haven't got my 50 lbs off, I do think I can get another 15 lbs off surely by next April :confused3 and that would put me at the 1 year mark. So in the 2nd year I can get the next 50 lbs off. I only gave myself a year:D But it does seem like it is going to take longer due to my slow start here I thought in the beginning Lbs just melted off then you have a platteau not me I guess i get one early lol

I really had hoped it wouldn't take this long, I hear of others losing rapidly but then I wonder the rest of the story. Did they keep it off? That's my big goal, whatever I lose, I want to keep it off.I agree I want it to stay off and the rest of the story was probably not that great LOL so lets make our own :D

I'm home today, getting laundry started :laundy: and then I'm off for a nice long walk. I'm going to do that for myself :goodvibes
enjoy your walk you deserve that for yourself :)
SOOOO I didnt yet tell you the rest of my news I dont think I got Le Cellier for 4pm my original was for 845pm Im super excited!!
AND I have been doing my whole 1 mile in the morning instead of spread out so maybe that will help me burn more fat off lol. I just want to build my stamina for the parks. I have been busy but still walking I read a comic the other day it said" whats more convenient for you 30 minutes of exercise or 24 hours of being dead?" LOL thought it was a great motivator!!

enjoy your walk you deserve that for yourself :)
SOOOO I didnt yet tell you the rest of my news I dont think I got Le Cellier for 4pm my original was for 845pm Im super excited!!
AND I have been doing my whole 1 mile in the morning instead of spread out so maybe that will help me burn more fat off lol. I just want to build my stamina for the parks. I have been busy but still walking I read a comic the other day it said" whats more convenient for you 30 minutes of exercise or 24 hours of being dead?" LOL thought it was a great motivator!!

:rotfl: I'll take the 30 minutes of exercise!!!!!!

Good for you, getting your walking in - that's what we need to keep doing (you gotta move it move it, move it)

My walk yesterday became (for me) a marathon :lmao: What started as a lovely fall walk, checking out the upcoming Halloween holiday decorations, pumpkins, beautiful leaves & crunching them under my feet, next thing I know I'm a half hour from home & have to turn around to walk home :eek:

So I ended up walking a whole hour :woohoo: Later driving I just had to map out my route to see how far I had actually walked, it was 2.6 miles :cool1:

ANd I wore my special walking tennies, the ones that are designed to work the leg muscles, don't know what they're called, they just remind me of "platform" shoes from the 70's :laughing: anyway, my hind quarters, thighs & calves were a little sore last night. I'm glad Aleve was invented :goodvibes

That's great you got an earlier Le Cellier, 4pm is a good time! I'll bet you're getting excited, your trip & birthday will be here soon. Did you decide how you're going to surprise your DD?

Hello friend across the Atlantic :wave2: How's things going on your side of the ocean? I hope you'll come back to post & let us know how things are going :goodvibes

:rotfl: I'll take the 30 minutes of exercise!!!!!!Me to LOL

Good for you, getting your walking in - that's what we need to keep doing (you gotta move it move it, move it)I agree

My walk yesterday became (for me) a marathon :lmao: What started as a lovely fall walk, checking out the upcoming Halloween holiday decorations, pumpkins, beautiful leaves & crunching them under my feet, next thing I know I'm a half hour from home & have to turn around to walk home :eek:Just think of how good it was for you lol poor girl I love my tredmill ;)

So I ended up walking a whole hour :woohoo: Later driving I just had to map out my route to see how far I had actually walked, it was 2.6 miles :cool1:

ANd I wore my special walking tennies, the ones that are designed to work the leg muscles, don't know what they're called, they just remind me of "platform" shoes from the 70's :laughing: anyway, my hind quarters, thighs & calves were a little sore last night. I'm glad Aleve was invented :goodvibesLOL I feel your pain I will know the pain in Disney soon!!!

That's great you got an earlier Le Cellier, 4pm is a good time! I'll bet you're getting excited, your trip & birthday will be here soon. Did you decide how you're going to surprise your DD?
Thank you!!! I am getting excited. Yes I think just the card the balloons wouldnt fit into my surprise :( but I cant wait!!

I drove the car up to the football stadium earlier & walked home. That way to go to tonights highschool game I HAVE to walk :lmao:

An ingenious way to work in a lovely autumn walk with the hubbie :lovestruc

Although he ran 3 miles on the treadmill today, so I kinda feel bad making him walk the mile up to school with me :rolleyes1 I did offer to drop him & DS off & walk up myself but he's being a good sport about it. I'm still a little sore from my long walk yesterday, but I'm trying to keep at it so I get in the habit of walking, biking or moving something :laughing:

Today will be the third day this week I've moved more than 30 minutes :goodvibes :banana: :yay:

Starting the week right. Today we drove to one of the parks & took a family walk/hike through the woods. The autumn colors were beautiful & the weather was fabulous :thumbsup2

I could've walked more, but the teenager was itching to get home & away from his parents :lmao:

So proud of you All that walking youre doing great. I have been on my tredmill daily. Just need to increase the time spent now.

OK so now Ive gone and done it, Guess what I did today?? I booked the Fantasy Cruise for 2012!!! My hubby even wanted a Verandah!!! He said since the ship was larger than the others there would be more people to compete with for deck chairs etc.... la la la i was like you sure he was like yep. SO we got a room with a Verandah for the very first time. :banana::banana::banana:

If he keeps this up i may be thin after all lol. Gives me more incentive for walking. Boy did i burn up the tredmill today got up to 3 miles per hour i was so excited. LOL

AND on top of that news we just found out we got an upgrade from inside stateroom to a Porthole room :) for our cruise in December!! SO excited I may run laps around my living room lmao lol.

That's so cool about the cruise upgrade :cool1:

You know I'm going to be expecting a trip report :lmao:

Holy Moly, your DH is certainly into enjoying him some cruisin time :thumbsup2 I have never been on a cruise, tell me more about Verandah, I'm not sure but I'm thinking this is on an upper deck, more exclusive?

I've walked 3 times this week, not including our family walk on Sunday! I'm getting hooked :banana: But I have to say, I'm sore but it's a good sore. I'm walking a minimum of 45 minutes each time. The weather has been great & I'm hoping when cold weather does settle in I will be in such a good habit I don't let the wind, rain, snow or sleet stop me :goodvibes

That's so cool about the cruise upgrade :cool1:
Thank you i was happy:)

You know I'm going to be expecting a trip report :lmao:LOL I will try to keep a journal on the cruise and write some here for you ;)

Holy Moly, your DH is certainly into enjoying him some cruisin time :thumbsup2 I have never been on a cruise, tell me more about Verandah, I'm not sure but I'm thinking this is on an upper deck, more exclusive?A verandah is a private balcony connected to your room. It has a couple chairs and an amazing view of the ocean for the whole trip. AND No competition for seats lol My hubby will most likely live there other than dinner time. I am excited.check out this link for a picture http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/s...asy/deluxe-oceanview-stateroom-with-verandah/ you may have to copy and paste it sorry.

I've walked 3 times this week, not including our family walk on Sunday! I'm getting hooked :banana: But I have to say, I'm sore but it's a good sore. I'm walking a minimum of 45 minutes each time. The weather has been great & I'm hoping when cold weather does settle in I will be in such a good habit I don't let the wind, rain, snow or sleet stop me :goodvibes
That is awesome that you are enjoying it so much. Feels great doesnt it. You sound like you want to be a postal delivery person rain snow and sleet :lmao::lmao: I just cant believe all the trips he has let me book i think he is addicted lol oh well Im not complaining!! I am still at it walking in the morning a full mile hoping now that i have changed all to the morning i will lose weight that way just need to give it time. :) I still have 10 months to do this in so im not giving up!!!

I was bad.... I had KFC for dinner feeling really guilty. You ever notice some foods make you feel guilty? I guess from now on I will just ask myself if I really want it and how will I feel afterwards. Then maybe I can avoid this guilty feeling. Now im thinking of all the yummy foods at Disney and reminding myself that I will be on vacation so Guilt free for the 5 days enjoy then make up for it when I get home. However LOL I could make an extra effort to eat better there and not have the extra lbs and guilt. Every where except Le Cellier that is there I have to eat my perfect meal LOL.

Must've been a weekend for being naughty :smokin:

We celebrated my DGF's 50th birthday this weekend, a big gathering with dining & dancing & sangria :dance3: Not to worry though, we had a designated driver so it was nice to cut loose. I learned to do the Cleveland shuffle, already knew how to do the Cupid shuffle, we did the electric slide, learned some partner salsa dancing & actually danced so much we sweat :lmao:

Next morning I was a little :sick: and a little sore :goodvibes I haven't walked yet this week but I can move again today! But it rained so hard & there were tornadoes touching down north of us today that I didn't get out. I'm making it a priority though & I'll get some walking done this week for sure.

But I had a little gain :sad2: Seems lately I'm up & down a lot but I'm staying around the same place. I really hope to get some more off by adding more exercising. DH is now running about 2.5-3 miles a day & I gotta tell you, he is REALLY looking good! I'm so proud of him. Everyone was telling me Sat. night not to get discouraged, men lose faster than women. But his exercise I know is what is doing it for him.

But enough of me rambling on, your TRIP is this week and so that means one day soon it's your special day so let me wish you a

:bday:party::dancer::rockband::bday:

Soon you'll be at the happiest place on earth :cloud9:

Have a great time :dance3:

The link for the cruise ship worked :thumbsup2 The room looks B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! How romantic to have your own deck, oops, I mean verandah!

Must've been a weekend for being naughty :smokin:LOL ok so Im not in trouble LOL

We celebrated my DGF's 50th birthday this weekend, a big gathering with dining & dancing & sangria :dance3: Not to worry though, we had a designated driver so it was nice to cut loose. I learned to do the Cleveland shuffle, already knew how to do the Cupid shuffle, we did the electric slide, learned some partner salsa dancing & actually danced so much we sweat :lmao:Sounds like alot of fun wish I was there LOL

Next morning I was a little :sick: and a little sore :goodvibes I haven't walked yet this week but I can move again today! But it rained so hard & there were tornadoes touching down north of us today that I didn't get out. I'm making it a priority though & I'll get some walking done this week for sure.I have been bad and havent walked mon or tue I will today I was busy packing my bags We leave tomorrow morning. :banana::banana:

But I had a little gain :sad2: Seems lately I'm up & down a lot but I'm staying around the same place. I really hope to get some more off by adding more exercising. DH is now running about 2.5-3 miles a day & I gotta tell you, he is REALLY looking good! I'm so proud of him. Everyone was telling me Sat. night not to get discouraged, men lose faster than women. But his exercise I know is what is doing it for him. I need a little of his ambition you think you could bottle that up for me lol.

But enough of me rambling on, your TRIP is this week and so that means one day soon it's your special day so let me wish you a

:bday:party::dancer::rockband::bday:Thank you so much!! my 35th :)

Soon you'll be at the happiest place on earth :cloud9:Cant wait to tell my DD first then getting there WOO WOO!!!

Have a great time :dance3:
Thank you so much Im sure we will how can we not at the Happiest Place On Earth :) :):)

I walked almost 2 miles on Thursday & again on Friday :cool1:

That's good though because Halloween weekend, about an hour before passing out trick or treat candy last night I started looking like Garfield with a tray of lasgna :eek: :rotfl: :scared1: :lmao:

Then friends showed up....wine, pumpkins seeds, it wasn't pretty :rolleyes1

Behaving today. Weather was beautiful but we didn't get out to walk. I was sore from THurs/Fri. I am going to walk Monday!

DH is going to be featured on an interoffice article about people using the workout facilities & losing weight where he works :woohoo: I'm so proud of him. He's lost 50 lbs. Me, I'm still keeping my 37ish pounds off. Can't seem to get over 40 off but I guess I'll have to give up wine once & for all. Well, who knows. I've been doing better walking for the past few weeks so if I keep that up maybe something good will happen soon.

Can't wait to hear how things were down in the "world" :goodvibes

I walked almost 2 miles on Thursday & again on Friday :cool1:What an accomplishment!!!:banana::banana: That is really great. I dont even know how many miles I walked the last 5 days :scared1: All I can tell you is OUCH :( am I in pain.

That's good though because Halloween weekend, about an hour before passing out trick or treat candy last night I started looking like Garfield with a tray of lasgna :eek: :rotfl: :scared1: :lmao:LMAO you are too funny.

Then friends showed up....wine, pumpkins seeds, it wasn't pretty :rolleyes1

Behaving today. Weather was beautiful but we didn't get out to walk. I was sore from THurs/Fri. I am going to walk Monday!I understand sore believe me LOL

DH is going to be featured on an interoffice article about people using the workout facilities & losing weight where he works :woohoo: I'm so proud of him. He's lost 50 lbs. Me, I'm still keeping my 37ish pounds off. Can't seem to get over 40 off but I guess I'll have to give up wine once & for all. Well, who knows. I've been doing better walking for the past few weeks so if I keep that up maybe something good will happen soon.Tell him congratulations!! You will hit 40lbs by Thanksgiving lol just in time for all the yummy foods!! Yes keep up the walking but dont over do it you dont want to make yourself not want to go.

Can't wait to hear how things were down in the "world" :goodvibes
Things went GREAT!! lol Ill write more about it later today :)

Things went GREAT!! lol Ill write more about it later today :)

Well I'm a few days past your post so I read this & then the anticipation of scrolling down to read about your trip and NOTHING :scared1:

As Steven Tyler says on the RnRC preview, "COME'ON GIRL" :rotfl: Tell me all about your Halloween/Birthday weekend. I'm guessing you had a fabulous time :thumbsup2

I do want to report that I walked twice this week almost 2 miles each time PLUS got up early one morning to do stretches - slow & easy but similiar to yoga. I woke up with a really sore neck & back and was able to work the kinks out. So my plan for this winter if it's too cold for a walk I'm going to do the indoor stretching. I haven't lost anymore weight but I can tell a difference in how I feel. Plus I am able to wear a size smaller than when I started and that size is really loose fitting :woohoo:

Well I'm a few days past your post so I read this & then the anticipation of scrolling down to read about your trip and NOTHING :scared1: LOL sorry I have been crazy busy. I was tired and very sore :( I havent walked in a week I have been bad. I just felt like i got ran over by a truck lol was tired and sore. I started walking again this morning. :)
As Steven Tyler says on the RnRC preview, "COME'ON GIRL" :rotfl: Tell me all about your Halloween/Birthday weekend. I'm guessing you had a fabulous time :thumbsup2My daughter was surprised but not how i was expecting her to react lol. She read the card and said "yah were going next year" I was like no right now and she jumped on me and hugged me then for the next 20 min in the store she asked if I was kidding, if I was serious, and are we really going? lol. The first night was Magic Kingdom we managed to get on quite a few rides the park wasnt busy for the afternoon It was really nice. Then 1900 park fare for dinner where I was supposed to recieve my cake but it wasnt there so they said it would be at le cellier I was like ok I can wait and that was my actual birthday any way :). The dinner was ok. (probably wont go there again) They gave me a placemat with characters on it, that was kind of cool. I will write more later I promise ;)

I do want to report that I walked twice this week almost 2 miles each time PLUS got up early one morning to do stretches - slow & easy but similiar to yoga. I woke up with a really sore neck & back and was able to work the kinks out. So my plan for this winter if it's too cold for a walk I'm going to do the indoor stretching. I haven't lost anymore weight but I can tell a difference in how I feel. Plus I am able to wear a size smaller than when I started and that size is really loose fitting :woohoo:Thats awesome Im so proud of you, I lost the 10lbs I gained at Disney Weather it was muscle or all the food I lost it any way that was scary lol.

Aw, sorry to hear you didn't care so much for LeCellier. Did you get the cheese soup? I love that stuff. Our steaks were pretty good, I mean considering you're at a theme park I think they do a good job.

I've walked twice so far this week & it's only Wed! I seem to be doing much better with my exercising lately. I have not weighed in a while. Actually I'm disgusted. DH tells me I should feel good having 37 lbs off, and I am, but dang, I haven't lost another ounce since the first part of Aug. and frankly I'm kinda mad about it.

Maybe I wouldn't be so mad if DH was in a slump too, but no, I hate dieting with a man! He has over 50 lbs off now & we've been basically eating the same things :mad: Then he got all "man" on me this week, pointing out that he doesn't eat those tortilla chips like I do (he prefers GrapeNuts for his grain indulgence) :laughing: but then when he OBVIOUSLY not thinking commented that he's been working "hard" at getting the weight off (as in he uses the treadmill daily & my regiment is sporatic) I about went ballistic :rolleyes1 Yes, I pointed out to him it wasn't nice of him to say it that way & he said he didn't mean it the way I took it but geesh. I do ALL the grocery shopping, meal planning, cooking and don't have the luxury of working out during my lunch hour. His solution was to join me at the work out room where HE works, yeah, like I've got time to drive to where he works to use a treadmill. Sorry for the rant, I'm being a grouch, no make that a FRUSTRATED grouch.

ANyway, for the record, I am NOT walking more because of some psychological impact he had on me - I maintain in all my stubborness - I am walking more because I find I like it & the weather HAS been beautiful. I really am proud of my DH, he looks so good :idea:

I'm not going to give up, I just wish it would happen sooner. God grant me patience, but hurry :goodvibes

Aw, sorry to hear you didn't care so much for LeCellier. Did you get the cheese soup? I love that stuff. Our steaks were pretty good, I mean considering you're at a theme park I think they do a good job. It wasnt Le Cellier I didnt like it was 1900 park fare :) Le Cellier was perfect.

I've walked twice so far this week & it's only Wed! I seem to be doing much better with my exercising lately. I have not weighed in a while. Actually I'm disgusted. DH tells me I should feel good having 37 lbs off, and I am, but dang, I haven't lost another ounce since the first part of Aug. and frankly I'm kinda mad about it. Youre doing better than i am I have only walked once this week :( Im sure you will start losing again soon!!

Maybe I wouldn't be so mad if DH was in a slump too, but no, I hate dieting with a man! He has over 50 lbs off now & we've been basically eating the same things :mad: Then he got all "man" on me this week, pointing out that he doesn't eat those tortilla chips like I do (he prefers GrapeNuts for his grain indulgence) :laughing: but then when he OBVIOUSLY not thinking commented that he's been working "hard" at getting the weight off (as in he uses the treadmill daily & my regiment is sporatic) I about went ballistic :rolleyes1 Yes, I pointed out to him it wasn't nice of him to say it that way & he said he didn't mean it the way I took it but geesh. I do ALL the grocery shopping, meal planning, cooking and don't have the luxury of working out during my lunch hour. His solution was to join me at the work out room where HE works, yeah, like I've got time to drive to where he works to use a treadmill. Sorry for the rant, I'm being a grouch, no make that a FRUSTRATED grouch. I can relate I would be totally grouchy if I had someone trying to lose weight with me and they were losing and I was not. Id be more than grouchy ;)

ANyway, for the record, I am NOT walking more because of some psychological impact he had on me - I maintain in all my stubborness - I am walking more because I find I like it & the weather HAS been beautiful. I really am proud of my DH, he looks so good :idea:what ever the reason you are walking its good for you :D And you started for you not because of anyone else :) SO yes do it because its nice out I like the excuses to walk better than the ones not to walk.

I'm not going to give up, I just wish it would happen sooner. God grant me patience, but hurry :goodvibes
I think thats why im losing steam I need a good kick in the pants to get going again. :) Im sure we will both get there sooner or maybe later ;)

So the second day we did the Disney Vacation Club tour first,we got 3 instant fast passes per person for doing the tour, then we went to Disneys Hollywood Studios. We rode Toy Story Mania, Backlot tour then we had lunch at Sci Fi Dine in and it was great I have the Beef and Blue salad Yummy. After lunch we went on The great movie ride, then lined up for the parade, Final time to watch the Block Party Bash :( As it is scheduled to move to Disney Paris next year. We had a great time in the park I went on Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. After the park closed we went to Chef Mickey's for dinner We always love the food there especially the parmesean mashed potatoes. Sorry all I can remember is the food LMAO.

The Third day was EPCOT and MY Birthday!! Food and Wine Festival !! The park was busy on the world showcase but future world wasnt busy at all. We rode Soarin, and test track 2 times each while we were there. We went around the world showcase and got a passport stamped at each place for Kaylee my Daughters friend, I tried only 2 places on the food and wine festival tour the lines were long, And then we ate at Le Cellier I had the soup, and the Mushroom filet with mashed potatoes and they brought my chocolate cake on a Happy Birthday plate. The bithday cake I ordered wasnt there either even though theysaid it would be, but i enjoyed my meal any way cant wait to go back there :) So after dinner we did Test track again and then decided to go back to the Hotel so the girls could swim. I had a couple cocktails I ordered two and I brought them to my room!! Talked to my sister on the phone then went to bed. Ill write more later ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter