Need tips for shore excursion to Disney on Anthem of Seas Cruise

deevku

Earning My Ears
We are cruising on RCC's Anthem of the Seas in December and one stop is at Port Canaveral with an option for a shore excursion to Disney World. Questions:

1) Is it worth going since we'll only have appx. 6 hours at Disney?
2) Any time saving and planning tips to make this workable?
3) Should we take the cruise-line transportation or arrange for our own?
4) Stick to 1 park or try to do a few?

And any other experience/info you can offer will be greatly appreciated!

1) If you are there on a weekend then I don't think it will be worth it - heavier crowds mean more wait times. On a weekday, it might be worth the trip, but for me personally I'd want to be there as close to opening as I can and get at least 8 hours at the park, unless you put together a specific plan of attack.

2) When I went last October I used TouringPlans.com to help me come up with said plan of attack. Since my family likes to ad lib a lot I left a lot of slack time in the plan.

3) I think that renting a car might be more comfortable, but obviously comes with the inherent risk of missing the boat, and may end up taking the same amount of time since you'd have to go to the rental agency, pick up the car, and get going. A car service would probably be the most efficient, but might be more expensive (wdwinfo's preferred service quotes $300 round for Disney-Port Canaveral-Disney for 5-7 people, so I'm sure the inverse would be in the same ballpark).

4) I think you'd lose maybe another 30-60 minutes switching parks, so I'd stick with one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter