• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Ticket Help & Suggestions!

Ducky4Disney

-->Place Tag HERE!
I get to see the Mouse earlier than I thought! There just *happens* to be a conference in Orlando that I am going to and it just *happens* to be 1.5 miles from WDW! So now I need to decide what type of ticket to buy.

For this trip I will be in Orlando from May 13 to May 16 for the conference, but I want to extend my trip for a whole Disney day until May 17. I will be able to visit Disney May 14 to May 17. That's 4 days total (woo-hoo!) and I would like to be able to hit all four parks. I will be by myself so I don't think I will hit DQ, PI, or any of the water parks.

So far, it sounds like I need a 4 day hopper ticket. Here's the catch. I will be spending 11 days in WDW this December, and I will be going to PI, DQ, and maybe the water parks then, so a PAP sounds like the best deal. I'm not sure I can afford the PAP right now (we just bought a house) and being a DVC member, I know I will go to WDW sometime within one year of this December.

Does any of this make sense? What discounts are available? I am a DVC member and AAA memeber. Help me out, my Disney family!!

D4D

I'd have to agree with you that a PAP is probably your best bet. If you can't afford one, I would just go with a regular annual pass. Although it won't cover your admission to the water parks, pleasure island, and Disney Quest, it does give some discounts on those.

Can you swing a regular AP? Depending on the weather, it might be too cool to use the water parks in December. Here is what I would do-

Buy the AP for this upcoming trip. Then, once your trip in December gets closer, decide how many trips to the plus places (DQ, PI, waterparks) you plan on making. If it is worth it, upgrade your AP to a PAP. If you only going to visit DQ once and the the waterparks once or not at all, it may be worth it to keep the AP and just pay admission to those places (you do get a small AP discount on admission). If you mainly want the PAP for PI, I would look into getting an Annual Pass for Pleasure Island instead. This way, you are not spending as much now, and your AP for Pleasure Island will still be good for your trip next year. Hope this helps and isn't too confusing!

I'd like to say thanks for the help - the AP or PAP still sounds good, huh? It just sounds expensive right now, but it probably is the best deal.

How much does it cost to upgrade a pass from AP to PAP?

D4D

A regular adult AP pays for itself in 8.5 days of park visits (using last year's prices), not including any other discounts, etc. you can eek out of it.

;)

I'm new & have no idea financially if this makes sense, but over on the budget board, there is a thread w/a link to conference tickets that are cheaper than regular advance prices. If you could buy an AP in Dec & still get a year's use out of it at that point, maybe this would be a cheaper option for now?

Sorry if it's not a good idea, just throwing that out there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter