Need suggestions

The Adams Family

Mouseketeer
I am in need of finding some type of work that i can do from home. My DD 12 has multiple health issues. And i now need to be an at home mom once again but our family can not survive on one income. Does anyone have any ideas of work that can be done from home. I can not do day care because Autumn does not tolerate noise very well and her immune system is compromised. My work back ground is in accounting and office management. I also have a medical back ground as a surgical technologist.

Any ideas would be helpful
Thank you
Jill :grouphug: :angel:

What about medical billing? Also medial transcripting.
Do you need to stay with her 24/7 or would you be able to do something like Tupperware, Creative Memories or Pampered Chef?

Talking Hands said:
What about medical billing? Also medial transcripting.
Do you need to stay with her 24/7 or would you be able to do something like Tupperware, Creative Memories or Pampered Chef?
I was going to suggest some of the same things.
I know of people who do medical billing from home. (Don't know anyone personally who is doing it now).

Jill,
Have you thought about applying for Social Security Disability(SSI) for your dd? I think you can apply online or get the paperwork online at www.ssa.gov.
Or go to your local S.S. office to start the paperwork process.
My dd has been on SSI since birth. We recently just got off of SSI. She has a complex congenital heart defect, has had 3 open heart surgeries. Also has a slightly low immune system.

I think you can apply for a disabled child at any age, at least under 18 yrs. old. Tho, I need to warn you that the ongoing paperwork and getting reviewed
is a big pain in the butt. Also, it could take a few months for approval. Also, SSI is also based on income, how much your husband makes, etc. Also they look at how much is in your bank accounts,etc.

If you have any questions about SSI , you can PM me.
If you decide to do the work-at-home thing, unfortunately I can't help on that. I always wondered about the medical billing/medical transcription thing. I never knew anyone doing that type of work. I also have a medical background(Nursing). I see those advertisements in the paper or coupon book. I just sometimes wonder if it is a scam to do the medical billing/transcription at home because I don't know anyone that does it where I live.

Rosemarie :flower:

In the past, when living in the Washington DC area, I had two tax clients who were doing medical transcription. This was before cable modem/DSL were common and they had to get a second phone line for their computer. At least for those two it was definitely a real business which they could work on any time of the day or night.

I think it might be easier now since instead of having to physically get audio tapes you can get streaming audio on the PC, and instead of having to send hard copy you can send text or pdf files.

I have a friend who's son has cancer. She just completeed Jet Blue's work from home traing. You have to work at Jet Blue for a couple weeks to get oriented but then you can do all the work from home. It is secretary type work. I know it's legitimate.

This website is a directory of home employers.
http://www.homeworkersnet.com/employers.html

Good luck with your search!

Christamae

thank you for your replies. she already receives SSI but it just doesnt cut it for us. THe web site that was post was awesome.

Thank you
Jill

What about becoming a (Disney) travel agent? It's a job you can do from home. While it's not going to bring in the big bucks - it can definitely help out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter