Need Suggestions......

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
We're going to WDW for the first time with child! Our little prince will be one in August and we're taking him right after his birthday. What are some good, inexpensive strollers that have a deep storage compartment underneath the seat? And what about diaper bags? Any backpack styles you recommend? Also, should we get our son a misty fan to keep him cool? Any tips on taking a baby would be grateful!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!

I've been scanning these boards for a few weeks now looking for the same type of suggestions (we're taking our daughter for her 1st birthday in May), and lots of folks have offered suggestions. I'll try to remember some for you, but you may want to search for old threads on "strollers" because I think I remember a lot.

Anyway, people who recommended lightweight strollers (bigger/better than an cheap umbrella stroller but not really "full size") recommended the Combi Travel Savvy, the MacLaren Daytripper, and one or two Peg Peregos (can't remember the names...sorry!) We're just taking our full-size Graco Lightrider, since we won't be taking the busses and like having the cup holder, full-size basket, etc.

As far as diaper bags go, seems like everyone recommended a backpack -- either a regular backpack (LL Bean has good ones) or a diaper backpack. I've been looking at the Lands End and Eddie Bauer sites, and both have what seem to be nice diaper backpacks.

Hope I've helped! Have fun...

We actually found a diaper bag that attached to the handle bar of the stroller from One Step Ahead. I really like it.

We also have a Graco Lightrider that we like alot. Prior to our 1st trip with DS (about a year ago) we went to babies r us & tried just about every stroller they sold (ease of folding, how heavy, big storage basket, etc). This one was about $100 - not cheap, but I wouldn't be too upset if it got damage or even stolen.

When we went last April it was hot & we wound up buying the misting fan (which DS LOVED) at Disney for, I think, $20!! Purchase one at Walmart before you go - much cheaper!

We also purchased the rain cover for the stroller. One two seperate occasions we got caught in a downpoor & that cover kept DS & stroller completely dry (it's clear plastic, vented on both sides).

Enjoy your trip!

We were there in Oct and 95 degrees!! I was worried about the 22 month old spraying everyone. So I bought a battery operated stroller fan from one step ahead (.com) although our 4 1/2 yr old had one and as he was spraying daddy people were lining up beside and behind to get wet! after that i gave eric the other mister fan (only while we were walking) he was really good and only sprayed us (mostly Papa who hates the heat anyway).
I also carried sandwich size ziplocs and when he feel asleep I'd a a vendor for a cup of ice (no charge) and put in the bag then tuck it under his blankie. I gave up on sandles and just brought them for playing in the fountians other wise at lunch time I'd change their socks and powder the feet. (i wore sandles the whole trip no problem) For the diaper bag I used a oversized fanny pack and clipped it to the bottem part of the stroller (closest to you but at basket level) and left it there never took it inside an attraction at all just grabbedthe camera bag and off we went. This saved plenty of room in the basket for stuff (I had a small soft sided cooler) and then each of the boys cups had the cooler things that they slip on. If you have a freezer freeze water the night before it will last most of the day. or try packing it in Ice that might work to. Limit the amount you bring If you tend to buy large sunscreens buy a small bottle that can be refilled. If you use a backpack try carrying it around the house all day.
Hope this helps
Christy

I have seen little packets of sunscreen that were about the size of a Shout Wipe. You just open up the packet & sqeeze out the sunscreen & throw the package away. Have a great trip!

When we took out DD to WDW for the 1st time Dec 2001 she was 9 months old. We had the best stroller for that trip and her age. It was a back pack stroller from InStep. It was light, comfortable for her and had a good bag and a detachable canapy. When the parks were too crowded we just converted to a pack pack and walked out with out a problem. We also used it as a back pack for many places that didn't alow strollers (one mans dream, the jungle treck in AK ect.....) It sells for around 50 to 70 $ and we just loved it. Alas she is too big for it now (she only weighs 21 pounds, the stroller goes up to 30, but her legs are too long and drag on the whelles.) If your child is the right size and age this is the best stroller for WDW IMO. (betwen 5 and 18 months old and less then 30 pounds.)

We got a Combi Travel Savey DX ( for 99 at Strollers4less, about half off.) We are happy with it so far, but 2 problems. One is she has taken to pulling on the flexible bar cup holder and can get out in 2 seconds flat if we don't strap her in. We we are learning to take care of both things!!!!!

So our next trip is in 13 days and she will be 23 months old. I will let you know in a few weeks how it worked for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter