Need spoilers for "The Happening", please

Claudia1

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Please PM me or post in white so that the movie is not ruined for another DISer!

I like suspenseful movies but not demonic, in-your-face movies. I like most of his movies, though.

Can someone tell me the parts to watch for and cover my eyes that involve things jumping out, etc...? I will enjoy the movie more if I know what to avoid. Believe me, I can tell by the audience reaction what it happening even when I do not watch!

Thanks popcorn::

Without spoiling anything, this is not an "in your face" horror movie. Yes, there are some tense/frightening scenes, but you will definitely see them coming. It's precisely the slow, methodical pace to the scary scenes that, IMO, makes them so chilling. My kids (13 & 16) want to see this movie so I went first to check it out. I'd have no problem with either one of them going to see it.

My DD and her BF saw it and said it was "stupid" ...for whatever that's worth. :)

There are quite a few bloody scenes. I think that's what made it an R rating.

Like CraftyMouse said, it's slow so you pretty much can tell where it's coming. If that's what you're worried about, you'll have time to look away.

BTW, DH and I enjoyed the movie despite the bad reviews.

My DD and her BF saw it and said it was "stupid" ...for whatever that's worth. :)

I loved it. MNS's movies are always deeper than what you see on the surface. This one was very thought provoking without being hokey, IMO.

Here's a spoiler for you...it was terrible. Possibly one of the worst movies ever. Let me say that I LOVE M. Night's other films. I ADORE MArk Wahlberg. But both of those guys deserve 30 lashings with a wet noodle for this crap-fest. Worst acting I've seen in a while. Lame lame lame. I would've left mid film but it was so packed that I didn't want to climb over the crowd. At the end of the movie everyone in the theatre looked ticked off and disappointed.

I "get" M. Night's work. This was just a bad bad movie.

I was surprised that I did not like it. Yeah, I usually love his movies but this one was not in the same league with the others. I guess I was waiting for a big, blow-out resolution but iy was not there.

BTW, where was Mr. Shyamalan in this one? He always has a cameo of some type but I missed him.

Thanks for the info before I went!

I was surprised that I did not like it. Yeah, I usually love his movies but this one was not in the same league with the others. I guess I was waiting for a big, blow-out resolution but iy was not there.

BTW, where was Mr. Shyamalan in this one? He always has a cameo of some type but I missed him.

Thanks for the info before I went!

He was Joey, Alma's co-worker/dessert date. You only heard his voice when he was on the phone with her.

We saw this movie on Sunday. I was very disturbed by it afterwards and I didn't like the ending. I'm all for scary movies, but the acting in this one was really bad. It was the most gory during the beginning. They showed less and less nasty stuff as the movie went on.
I don't know, I just didn't like it. You might like it though. I don't remember too many 'jumpy' scenes, because my sister was sitting next to me and she always hits me when she jumps, and I don't have any bruises! :rotfl:

I loved it. MNS's movies are always deeper than what you see on the surface. This one was very thought provoking without being hokey, IMO.

----2nd. I didn't really care for his past movies but I loved, The Happening. It really makes you think & I personally thought it was done well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter