Need Space 220 Advice

Debby7

DIS Veteran
I have a lunch reservation at Space 220 for 6. The problem is I have a group of 8. Does anyone have experience with checking with the restaurant in the morning to see if they can accommodate the whole group or (last resort) showing up with whole group and pleading? I am signed up with Mouse Dining and Stakeout. Looking for any strategies I may have missed.What have others experienced?
Thanks for any and all advice!

The last time I ate at Space 220 (end of April), I was given the option to add 0 to my reservation when we checked in. It’s a very (very) popular restaurant, and although they will try to do their best to accommodate, I wouldn’t count on it. Keep trying to modify to 8 or try to make a separate reservation for 2 at a close time and then ask to be seated close or together. If neither of those works, then I’d try to go to the hostess stand as soon as the restaurant opens and explain your situation so it gives them enough time to try to work your new reservation numbers into their plans for the day.

They once let me add a 3rd to a reservation for 2 in the lounge. No guarantees though

When we went in Jan 2022, we decided to cancel our reservation. I went to the hostess stand because it was less than 24 hours and I was hoping they'd have pity and not charge us. When I told them, they were relieved because they were overbooked. I asked about rescheduling and they said the only thing they had available was the restaurant for the fixed price menu. Based on that, I think it might be a long shot that you can add 2 to your reservation day of, unless 2 are willing to do the restaurant (though I'm not sure how close together you'd be).

When we went in Jan 2022, we decided to cancel our reservation. I went to the hostess stand because it was less than 24 hours and I was hoping they'd have pity and not charge us. When I told them, they were relieved because they were overbooked. I asked about rescheduling and they said the only thing they had available was the restaurant for the fixed price menu. Based on that, I think it might be a long shot that you can add 2 to your reservation day of, unless 2 are willing to do the restaurant (though I'm not sure how close together you'd be).
Our reservation is for the restaurant ,not the lounge.

Note they are not a Disney restaurant. And they will have kitchen and fire capacity so ..... have a backup plan for the other two in case they say no.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter