Need some weekend advice...

AmyBeth68

Relentless Forward Motion
We will be in California for a week at the beginning of November. We're staying at the Candy Cane Fri and Sat night then moving down to Newport Beach. SO...we obviously want to visit DL on both Sat. Nov. 5th and Sun. Nov. 6th.

Which day would you do DL versus CA??? I know the weekends are crowded but I'm not sure if it matters which day I visit DL...maybe one day is better than the other?

We are also planning to drive up from Newport Beach two additional days during the week....even though it'll be about 30 minutes or possibly longer for us to get there. We had thought about visiting on Friday which is Veterans day ONLY to see the holiday decor and Small World Holiday and hoped to catch Fantasmic or the Holiday Parade. But now I'm second guessing that option. Should we risk battling the holiday crowds just to see the decorations??? Will it be AWFUL crowded!!??!! I'd love some advice as this is all so new to me.

TIA...can use all the help I can get. I already blew my Fantasmic balcony seats by calling a day late. Ugh!

It doesn't matter what day you do DCA, because it is always slow there. And everytime I have been to DL this month, it has been steady but not busy. I think the longest we waited for a ride was 30 minutes BUT Splash Mountain was a 90 minnute wait, so we skipped it.

I would do Disneyland has soon as it opens when it's generally not crowded at all and you can get lots of rides in. When the crowds tend to pick up around lunch time early afternoon I would head over to DCA for a few hours then go back to DL in the late evening. I normally go to DCA when DL starts to get busy. Generally DCA is not really crowded no matter when you go. I can't imagine spending a full day there not enough to do in my opinion so I also do a combo of both parks.

I can't tell you how busy it will be on the 11th. I assume it will be fairly busy since it is a holiday and when the holiday festivities start. I know alot of people have veterns day off and with it being on a friday I'm sure quite a few people will make a long weeknd out of the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter