Need some song suggestions

Thanks. I tried to think of the lyrics to most of them and nothing really jumped out as too bad, compared to say Sexy M.F. or some of the rap stuff I hear today.

Anyone willing to censor a word is also likely to be very willing to censor an idea (that's just from my experience). Following that thought, I can see how a “music approval” committee could run into problems with a couple like:

Ted Nugent – Stranglehold
Quiet Riot - Cum on Feel the Noize
Stones - Honky Tonk Women
(for innuendo and drug usage references)

Myself… I like ‘em.

I know what you mean about Electric Eye and the guitars - just ferocious. I saw Priest in concert once, and that song would not have made my best of JP list. I know it became a more popular song for them becuase it was on Guitar Hero or ROck Band.

Agreed… not the best song, but I tend to shut off lyrics in general and focus on music. There, this tune excels.

BTW: I love “Guitar Hero” and “Rock Band”. I’ve never played either one and never will, but every time a new one pop up, the tunes I’m already playing just become more relevant again. My boy will spend hours learning to click those five buttons, but could just as well have learned the guitar itself with that kind if practice (but then again, he does spend a great deal of time practicing, just on trombones & baritones rather then guitars, so I shouldn’t pick too hard).

Panama - Van Halen
That would be a good one that I hadn't thought of. DW wanted Jump though, so that will probably be Van Halen's representation.

A couple more - some from high school ice hockey - usually with good guitar intro:

Ozzy - Crazy Train
Quiet Riot - Cum on Feel the Noize or Metal Health
Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue
The Tractors - Cotton Eyed Joe
Dio - We Rock
Blackfoot - Train Train
Judas Priest -You've Got ANOther Thing COming
Iron Maiden - Run to the Hills or Wasted Years or the Trooper
Kiss- ROck 'n Roll All night or Shout it Out Loud
Ted NUgent - Stranglehold
Metallica - Wherever I May Roam
Andrew WK - Party Hard

Most should be lyrics/school friendly

ClearScreen
Great list, several that I hadn't thought of yet. I was thinking about Crazy Train and Train Train, but they are played at Purdue football games (along with Back in Black and Worlds Collide). DW wanted Worlds Collide, but as a Purdue fan I was afraid I'd look like a homer if I put a bunch of "Purdue Stadium Songs" on there, but now that they've come from a third party objective point of view, they are in! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Right now though, her list include the Jonas Bros, Selene and Lemonade Mouth.
:scared1::scared1::scared1:

I like all those listed, but how about moving back a few decades with the Andrew Sisters - Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy. The Divine Miss M version is great too. I think if you look at the Big Band music from the 40st, you'll find some good sets.
I can appreciate that music, I just can't see high school kids warming up for an athletic contest with it. I guess I can leave the brass for when the pep band is on duty. :lmao:

The coaches finally intervened in our choices when fans for the other team complained while we warmed up to Sexy M.F. :rotfl:
That's just awesome. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Honestly, I don't see how we got by with playing half the music we played in the locker room when I played football. I guess the fact that it wasn't over the PA helped, but you could definitely hear it outside the locker room.

Nice list (and believe me… I’m all for a great guitar intro), but a couple of those will perk the ears of their Censors I fear. Since your talking about roaring guitar intros, I’d like to add one more Judas Priest tune: Electric Eye (the lyric is not all that great, but the guitars are unstoppable).
I definitely want to have some good loud guitars in there. That's what I always like to hear when I'm working out to get me pumped up. I'm hoping that the whiners are just rap haters and they won't be as picky about our list, but best to avoid ruffling feathers.

Of course if you’re going to head back toward the forties, you might as well stop on the way and pick a little bit of Check Barry as well
I'd love to put some Chuck Berry in. I took a class in college for a History credit. The class was History of Rock n Roll in Society. Best class ever. I never missed that class and got an easy A in it. I was always excited to do the reading assignments and enjoyed the lectures which always included video of rock performances. Sorry to go off topic, but everytime I think of Chuck Berry it reminds me of that class. I'm just sad that I was in the last group that had it as a 1 semester course. The year I graduated, they split it into 2 semesters and included a field trip to Cleveland because the prof wanted to cover more subject matter.

Another couple I just remembered:

Soul ASylum - Somebody to Shove
Jimmy Eat WOrld - The MIddle
Good picks...
Thought of The Middle, it is on the fence... if I need one it is in.

Anyone willing to censor a word is also likely to be very willing to censor an idea (that's just from my experience). Following that thought, I can see how a “music approval” committee could run into problems with a couple like:

Ted Nugent – Stranglehold
Quiet Riot - Cum on Feel the Noize
(for innuendo and drug usage references)

Myself… I like ‘em.

I just looked at the lyrics to Stranglehold and Honky Tonk Women and I think you're right - they will probably be censored.

In my head, they seemed a lot cleaner which is strange because, in my head, things are usually much dirtier. :cool1:

I just looked at the lyrics to Stranglehold and Honky Tonk Women and I think you're right - they will probably be censored.

In my head, they seemed a lot cleaner which is strange because, in my head, things are usually much dirtier. :cool1:

:lmao::rotfl2:

I know what you mean though, I keep thinking of songs and then once I start thinking about what the lyrics are saying it's like, son of a beverly!

I have a bad tendency to just listen to the music and not pay too much attention to what the lyrics are saying.

:lmao::rotfl2:

I know what you mean though, I keep thinking of songs and then once I start thinking about what the lyrics are saying it's like, son of a beverly!

I have a bad tendency to just listen to the music and not pay too much attention to what the lyrics are saying.

You know when that light bulb goes off for me? When I hear my kids singing the song. When you hear your 8 year old daughter singing "Brass Monkey" or "Love Gun" you realize you need to have separate iPods/Playlists.

:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2:

::yes::

You know when that light bulb goes off for me? When I hear my kids singing the song. When you hear your 8 year old daughter singing "Brass Monkey" or "Love Gun" you realize you need to have separate iPods/Playlists.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Words have a nasty tendency to get in the way of some really good music. There are times when I prefer to just let the “musicians” have at it and leave the “vocalists” on the side line. To that idea I’ll toss out the following tunes

Dixie Dregs - Gina Lola Breakdown
Eric Johnson - Cliffs of Dover
Joe Satriani - Time Machine (my all time favorite guitar song)

Yeah, good call. I've been thinking about it, but I almost get sick of The Who and Trick Daddy from the Colts overplaying them. I guess though since there won't be a season this year I won't be hearing it over and over all fall.:rotfl2:

I haven't totally written off the season...yet. I'm forever the optimist that the NFLPA and Owners will come to some agreement in time to salvage at least some of the regular season.

I don't get tired of hearing it either, I guess that's because I can't afford the tix for the games. Oh well, I still enjoy the games from my comfortable living room where the beer is just as cold and much cheaper. :cool2:

I haven't totally written off the season...yet. I'm forever the optimist that the NFLPA and Owners will come to some agreement in time to salvage at least some of the regular season.

I don't get tired of hearing it either, I guess that's because I can't afford the tix for the games. Oh well, I still enjoy the games from my comfortable living room where the beer is just as cold and much cheaper. :cool2:
Well, I don't go to many games either... maybe 1 per season (or none last year) but honestly, certain songs are played so many times it really does start to get a little old. :lmao::rotfl2:

RUSH - Tom Sawyer
I think I'm starting to get enough songs that I'm not sure I'll have room for it, but great song! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter