Need some quick planning help for tomorrow.

100acreHiker

Fallen down the Disney rabbit hole...
Hello all and Merry Christmas Eve! We fly into MCO tomorrow and plan to go to Epcot (with reservations) after dinner, then stay for the EEV (we are staying deluxe). I'm familiar with LL, though it's been 2 years since our last trip. Can anyone give me a recommendation for getting a LL for tomorrow after 7pm? I know how to use Genie + for days when we rope drop, but not sure how to approach a 7pm start.... I know it's the busiest day of the year, but I'm wondering if there is something I can do in the morning to grab one, or will they all be earlier in the day? My kids would love TT, but with the rain, I am considering Soarin' as a second. If anyone has a suggestion for a game plan for tomorrow, please share and thank you in advance!

Looking at thrill-data.com for today, I see that Test Track return times for later than 7pm first occurred today at about 11am, and Soarin return times are still before 7pm right now.

However, Remy hit 7pm return times about 9:30 this morning, so your best bet is to get Remy for your first LL, and then 2 hours later you can get Test Track or Soarin as your second LL. By then you may have a better idea of what the rain situation will be like. Test Track should be running unless there is lightning in the area.

Genie+ and LL doesn't work during extended evening hours. So I guess you could spend the day trying to stack your rides- 1 at 7am, 1 at 11am and so on, how well it will work, I don't know. I would start with TT as it is the most likely to build out faster and then you could modify it to later in the day after. I would then just go from there and book furthest time out that works and try to modify. If it rains and TT is down, you would get a LL you could use on most of the rides. Good luck and Merry Christmas!

ETA- I just saw what they are charging for Genie+ for today, and if it were me I would not bother to buy it for 2.5 hours and all the hassle it will be to keep checking the app!

Last edited:
I would pick TT right at 7am because you can keep modifying until the time you actually want populates. You'll want your two hour cool down to start ticking down as soon as possible.

Soarin always seem available so I would definitely wait on that one and like @jeneric997 said if TT goes down you can use your LL on something else.

I am a non rider for Soarin' and I have never had my family through the ride in less than 30 minutes on an LL, so just keep that in mind that you might not be able to get through more than 3 rides in that time.

I would pick TT right at 7am because you can keep modifying until the time you actually want populates. You'll want your two hour cool down to start ticking down as soon as possible.

Soarin always seem available so I would definitely wait on that one and like @jeneric997 said if TT goes down you can use your LL on something else.

Good point. I forgot about the modify feature which will work since your reservation is for Epcot.

Thank you all! I didn’t think about whether purchasing genie + makes sense for just a couple of hours. But either way we have a plan now - appreciate your help! Now just have to pray for no rain 🙏🏼

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter