Need some Kidani Basics...

8lovesmickey

Down at the Laughing Place is where I'll be!
I'm staying at Kidani for the first time in late October. We've never stayed at AKL at all -- just visited for dinner. Can someone help me out with links and/or basic info? Specifically I'm wondering about the differences between the main lodge and Kidani, what people think, how the transportation is (we won't have a car), and anything else to know. It's just two adults this trip. Thanks!

I'm staying at Kidani for the first time in late October. We've never stayed at AKL at all -- just visited for dinner. Can someone help me out with links and/or basic info? Specifically I'm wondering about the differences between the main lodge and Kidani, what people think, how the transportation is (we won't have a car), and anything else to know. It's just two adults this trip. Thanks!
  • Jambo House is the main AKL resort building. Kidani houses only DVC villas.
  • It's quieter than Jambo.
  • The hallways are very long but there are elevators in each section. This could put you quite a distance from the bus stop and lobby.
  • There is an internal jitney bus to take guests to Jambo or you can walk the 1/2-mile pathway.
  • There is a small gift shop with a very limited selection located off of the lobby. You can refill your mugs there or at the pool.
  • The Kidani pool is smaller than the one at Jambo but I actually feel that it is nicer. You can use either pool.
  • Sanaa now offers a limited breakfast. Otherwise, you can visit Jambo for breakfast items or stock your villa.
  • You will have a full size coffee pot. The studios have paper plates and bowls plus some glassware and mugs.
  • The Kidani studios are the same size as their Jambo counterparts (except for the Value studios).
  • Views can be of the savanna or standard views will overlook a parking lot or the pool.
  • Buses are shared with Jambo. Their service is as good (and as bad) as the service at any other Disney resort. Like all other Deluxe Resorts, there is no queue for the buses.

If you have a one bedroom at KV, it will have two real bathrooms with the master bath pretty luxurious. All the Jambo House villas are converted hotel rooms. Studios at both are about a wash, similar in size and how they look. If you get a standard view at JH, you'll be looking at the pool or a not great savanna view. If you book standard at KV, you'll get pool or parking lot or not great savanna. All villas at JH are on the fifth floor with five two bedroom lockoffs on the sixth floor (concierge villas).

Now when we stay at AKL/AKV on our points we'll book a savanna view one bedroom at KV (better one bedrooms at KV than JH). When our son was working for Disney, he'd get us cast member discounted hotel rooms at JH.

The little store in KV has a good selection of groceries for your villa, frozen foods, refrigerated foods, canned goods, boxed stuff, etc. JH has a similar selection in their store. You can also purchase pastries in the store at KV, as well as fountain drinks, coffee, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter