Need some ideas for beef stew

H

Harley Chick

I'm bringing a beef stew to a pot luck dinner on Christmas, and I want to bring some sort of bread or cracker or something to go with it, but I don't know what. Any ideas or great recipes? Thanks.

There's a bakery near here that has really great sour dough bread. We really like this with various soups and stews. I haven't made from scratch in quite a while.

I haven't made them yet, but I got the recipe for Cheese Rolls (2000 Food Wine Festival) and Cheddar Cheese Pretzel Bread (Le Cellier - "Great Pretender") from the Recipe Board or Margie J's site. They both sound like they'd go really well with beef stew.

I don't know if it would travel well, but I also make dumplings using Bisquick or Jiffy mix & toss in some cheddar cheese. (The kind you mix up & toss in the stew for the last few minutes & they sit on top.)

If you just want to purchase something, potato rolls go really well with just about anything!

Good luck!

d

I agree with piratesmate - a great bread - like the ones
she mentioned would go well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter