need some help please!!

tcp0421

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! I have a huge decison I need help with. My family and I want to go back to Disney next September really bad! With all of the money problems we have been having there is no way we can do it......unless I send my husband away with the military for about 40 days!! They asked him to go, he has no problem with going. It is up to me now. That means I will be home with my two girls, and he will be away for a long time. I dont know what to do. Would I be selfish if I tell him I want him to go so we can afford Disney? :rolleyes1

That seems like a tough decision. You didn't say where your husband would be in the military for th next 40 days so I don't want to presume but if he would be going to a dangerous area I think I would feel his safety would be more important, but that is just me. I don't know your situation or husband. :confused3 If he would not be in danger, the decision is really dependent on how you feel about not seeing him for 40 days. If you think you and your girls could get through it might be worth it to enjoy a nice family vacation and forget about money troubles and the like for a few days of pixiedust: and magic. Good luck in whatever your family decides to do, and I will be hoping for some disney magic for you all! :goodvibes

Only one thought, which I admit may well not help any, it's more of a question. If he did take the 40 day military tour, is there a chance he might be put on the never-ending-extended-tour rotation that it seems many have been stuck on? Just something important to keep in mind, as who knows, it might even impact on his ability to be available to go on the WDW trip. Just something to think about.

Good luck with whatever you & he decide! :goodvibes

No way would I send a member of my family away for 40 days in order to get money for a disney trip. I'd much rather have them home for that 40 days.

dmslush said:
No way would I send a member of my family away for 40 days in order to get money for a disney trip.

I'd consider it for my mother-in-law :woohoo:

No, he really would not be in danger. Not only would it pay for our vacation it would also give us money for other things. It wouldnt be just me saying go. He already said he wants to do it. This is his last year in the military and can use this to get rank too. Early retirement he is thinking. ;)

Cass said:
I'd consider it for my mother-in-law :woohoo:

Well, if it was an inlaw, of course! Send them off for six months!!!! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter