Need some help (friends going to FW with 40' RV)

Belle5

DIS Veteran
I'm helping friends that have 5 very small children (7 and under)plan their first trip to WDW. We've stayed at FW in a cabin (but never in an RV) and are totally ignorant about RVing in general. My questions: Is 40' a typical size RV and will they have any trouble finding a parking slab thingy? Do they just tell WDW how big the RV is and let WDW decide where they should go? Is there a loop they should ask for? (Keep in mind their hands are extremely full with so many little ones (including 2 year old twins). I think they are going to focus on the Magic Kingdom and all the activities that FW has to offer (petting farm, campfire, etc.) I would love to arm them with a great location request. I think I've read that 100, 200 and 1400 are preferred, but I didn't know if their RV would be too long for a space on those loops. Any other suggestions? Oh, yeah--any idea what they will pay for a spot in October?

Hi!

A 40 ft RV is pretty long, but FW has sites that would accomidate.
Having that many little ones, I would go with a preferred site. Loop 1400, has bigger sites and is a little more private then the other preferred loops. Loops 100-200, are close to the boat launch and the zoo area. Hope this helps!

FW front desk looks at the RV length, whether they have an awning or slide out and assigns a site that will accomodate them appropriately.
For that large of a vehicle in the preferred sites I would recommend 1400 or 700. 100 & 200 sites are not long enough, especially if they want a little extra room.
For a full hook up site my suggestion would be 1300 or 1200 loops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter