Need recommendations on possible resort change.

Just for clarification...ALL Disney resorts have at least a mini fridge, which I assume would work for the milk.

The issue is only having the microwave in the food court.

I will also say, that while certainly not a guarantee; we have been going to Disney mult. times a year for 2 decades and I always request a connecting room with my mom and have gotten it every single time at every level of resort.
They have beverage coolers, which don't get as cold.

They have beverage coolers, which don't get as cold.
I guess this depends on the beverage cooler you get, because I've had things freeze in them and I've never had anything go bad. Also, I store my soy milk in one of those things and it's always been plenty cold. But I'm not storing medicine. That's a different story entirely.

We had no problem with our half and half and the oat milk staying plenty cold at ASMusic this weekend. Water, too, and some of the cut watermelon chunks froze.

OP, there are a lot of good suggestions here, but one suggestion I think you should ignore is the renting-points suggestion, if there would even be points available to rent. Because if anything happened and your plans changed again, you would still be obligated to pay for the entire reservation.
There is cancel anytime insurance policies that will cover part of that loss so OP was advised to buy insurance. Of course I should highlight OP would need to read their trip insurance to make sure it would cover their rented timeshare.

There is cancel anytime insurance policies that will cover part of that loss so OP was advised to buy insurance. Of course I should highlight OP would need to read their trip insurance to make sure it would cover their rented timeshare.
It's just something to be very very aware of. And many insurance policies do not cover points rentals. In fact, I have not seen any that do. For myself, I would never do this. I have had to cancel or rearrange too many trips, not to mention trips I've had to leave in the middle of. And the OP here is dealing with someone who just had a stroke.

It's just something to be very very aware of. And many insurance policies do not cover points rentals. In fact, I have not seen any that do. For myself, I would never do this. I have had to cancel or rearrange too many trips, not to mention trips I've had to leave in the middle of. And the OP here is dealing with someone who just had a stroke.
I have seen ones that do. They aren’t cheap so their cost must be taken into account prior to booking.

Just for clarification...ALL Disney resorts have at least a mini fridge, which I assume would work for the milk.

The issue is only having the microwave in the food court.

I will also say, that while certainly not a guarantee; we have been going to Disney mult. times a year for 2 decades and I always request a connecting room with my mom and have gotten it every single time at every level of resort.
I believe that DVC resorts do not have connecting studios. The studios connect to 1BRs. Polynesian studios may be different since all of them (as of this writing) are studios, but I'm not sure if any of them connect. I think the best you can do with DVC studios is to ask for the rooms to be near each other. Even then you can be assigned different buildings at OKW, it's happened to me.

I believe that DVC resorts do not have connecting studios. The studios connect to 1BRs. Polynesian studios may be different since all of them (as of this writing) are studios, but I'm not sure if any of them connect. I think the best you can do with DVC studios is to ask for the rooms to be near each other. Even then you can be assigned different buildings at OKW, it's happened to me.
Oh, interesting. I just remember during the time when WDW was closed and people were having a heckuva time getting any kind of resolution with points rentals--not just renters, but owners as well.

Some Poly studios do connect.

All but two (or maybe four, can't remember) of the DVC Poly studios do connect. So a request for connecting rooms has a high chance of being fulfilled, but it's not guaranteed. That should be your only request, to improve chances of fulfillment.

Ok, so maybe I can look into doing a 1 BR for me and the kids and a studio for mom and hopefully have them connected? I know there is no guarantee, but defintely would be down for that.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! Mom is completely fine and fully recovered. But she suffered a blood clot in the brain which is what caused the stroke. Doc said she is completely good to travel. She doesn't ride rides anyway, so that is no issue. He just said that she's at a higher risk of another stroke for the next 6 months, so I want her nearby if possible.

Ok, so maybe I can look into doing a 1 BR for me and the kids and a studio for mom and hopefully have them connected? I know there is no guarantee, but defintely would be down for that.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! Mom is completely fine and fully recovered. But she suffered a blood clot in the brain which is what caused the stroke. Doc said she is completely good to travel. She doesn't ride rides anyway, so that is no issue. He just said that she's at a higher risk of another stroke for the next 6 months, so I want her nearby if possible.
A connected studio and 1BR is a 2BR. I guess they might be able to fill your request, but it’s just as likely that you won’t get it. It’s not a usual request like it is at regular resorts.

What about buying a small dorm fridge at a local box store? Use it in place of the beverage cooler. It’s a heck of a lot cheaper than paying for a 1BR that may not even solve your proximity problem.

I saw a DVC rental that might work for you at the DVC Rental Store. It's a 2BR Savannah View at Animal Kingdom Kidani for your dates plus 1. You might be able to get them to drop the price a bit because the reservation has a lot of points wrapped up in it and they can't cancel without penalties. Even if you throw away the last day, it's probably about the same price as your two studios at OKW with your Disney+ discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter