Need recommendations for San Francisco?

KimAshton

DIS Veteran
I am heading out to visit my friend for a week in San Jose and I wanna do the tourist stuff in San Francisco and need recommendations. I love taking pictures. I am taking my friend and her hubby to see Wicked while I am out there.

Thanks

I only have a quick minute but a few to throw out there are Fishermans Wharf, the Cannery, and Pier 39. All place I love and I onl;y live 45 miles away. I'll come back with more when I can.:goodvibes

Of course, the Golden Gate Bridge, and Golden Gate Park has a lot of fun and beautiful stuff. Here's a link to info: http://www.golden-gate-park.com/
I haven't been since they rebuilt the De Young Museum, but that's a really fabulous area of the park.

Ghirardelli Square is fun too. Street musicians and yummy ice cream (It's the original one).

I live in San Jose. Wave to me as you drive through.

I am like the world's worst photographer, and I still got a nice shot of the bridge.
100_0303.jpg

I grew up in San Jose and still visit often since my Bro and SIL are still there. Visiting the City is always a must. We access the city via BART as often as possible unless we are planning on going across the bridge or out to the N. Beach areas, GG Park and/or the Zoo.

I like to walk from Union Sq. into China town and wander around, then catch Columbus Ave. which runs diagonally and walk it all the way to the wharf. I have some awesome pictures of differeent landmarks as well as quirky goings on in the neighborhoods as we meandered through. We generally then take a cable car back towards Union Sq.

If you drive across the bridge (heading N.) exit almost immediately and take the little road that goes under the bridge and up the hill on the open ocean side. You can get some fabulous city views as well as just gorgeous scenery. Wander the area (by car) and find Point Benita (an old army depot that is right above Rodeo Beach) My DS went to a science camp at Point Benita 9 years ago. The beach is beautiful also.

A fun ferry ride is from the Wharf to Vallejo and back, you get some unique views of the bay and surrounding areas. The ferry takes you past old ships in Vallejo as well as the East Brother Light Station B&B. It is literally a B&B on an island in the bay.

We just got back a week ago. We stayed in the Union Square area. Some of the highlights were: walking down to the Ferry Building, taking a bus out to Golden Gate Park and walking around the Japanese Tea Garden, (we would have liked to have seen the De Young, but we got there too late in the afternoon to have done it justice), took the trolley to Fisherman's Wharf, walked around and found our way to Buena Vista and had an Irish coffee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter