need recipes for 1.5 quart slow cooker

striker3636

Gets visits from Tinkerbell at n
Hi - we bought a smaller crock pot thinking it would be great for our camper, but all the recipes I have are for a larger pot. Does anyone have any tried and true recipes we can use on our next trip to WDW??? TIA!

That's not very big for entrees... what kind of recipes were you looking for? I have a small one that I use for:
Queso (block of velveeta and can of chili) and chips
cocktail weenies in bbq sauce
hot artichoke dip
meatballs in chili sauce/cranberry jelly

I was hoping even just for some meat dishes. I tried a dish I usually cook in the oven for about an hour and it turned out ok. I mixed 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, 2 cups of sour cream, 1 pkg dry onion soup mix, and poured this over 4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts. I wasn't too sure about the sour cream for so long, so this was a test run. But, after 7 hours on low it tasted the same and had the same consistency as my old way. Anyone have any other ideas for a smaller pot? I was going to try a smaller batch of spaghetti sauce with meat balls, I am sure that will be fine. I read through the crock pot thread and saw a recipe for chicken with salsa to make into fajitas and I may try that one too.
Has anyone tried a small roast for pulled beef?

Ok so I was grocery shopping tonight and I thought of you!! I was in the meat section and they had the country style pork ribs on sale -- and I thought.... what a great idea to cut those up and make like a chile verde! Those strips come in smaller packages than a huge pork roast, so it would be a good size for your smaller crockpot. Serve it up with some tortillas and that would be soooo yummy.

This is an easy beef strogenoff one.
1 can cream of mushroom soup ( I use low fat/salt)
2 tablespoons Ketchup
2 Talbespoons Wischshire sauce
1 oinon sliced thin
1 pound (or more) of cubed stewing beef
salt and pepper to taste
1 container of sour cream
bow tie noodles

Combine all of the ingred. (except sour cream and noodles) in crock pot. Cook on low all day (don't brown your meat first)

Cook noodles and put in a dish
Right before serving stir in sour cream then pour over the noodles.

It is soooooo goood! If you want to be extra fancy about 1/2 before serving thinly slice some fresh mushrooms and toss in!

You might try www.allrecipes.com. Once you find a recipe there that you like, they have a feature where you can have your recipe calculated down to however many/few servings as you like. :cool1:

Another thing to think about is that most slow cooker recipes are for the 3 Qt cooker. You can just halve the amount of ingredients to get a portion that will fit in your cooker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter