Need prayers; nephew killed in a plane crash, nephew paralyzed SAD UPDATE

It just keeps getting better,my sister is now in the cardiac care unit. She was having chest pain and arm tingling on Saturday. She went to the ED, and I don't even think the EKG print out had completed to roll off the machine when they whisked her to the cardiac cath lab. 3 hours later, she has 4 stents, and they have to put another one in before she goes home. Her main artery to the heart had a 90% blockage.

I'm in Virginia and she is in Massachusetts. I talked to her yesterday morning, and I have to say the two of us just sobbed and cried for 45 minutes. The doctor had asked her is she has been under any stress lately. HA HA HA HA. Ya think? He diagnosed her with a medical term I cannot remember, but it is basically know as "broken heart syndrome". It is caused from the stress of grief.

I joked with her and told her she was going to be on that Disney ship on November 10th, if I have to drag her on in a body bag, just so I can say I took my sister on her first cruise. She told me was was adamant about going, because Scotty loved Disney and had never been on the cruise, so she was taking him with her. (I'm typing through tears now, dammit).

Hopefully this is it for my family. Her heart is cleaned up and fixed up, now let's hope 2018 hurries up and gets over so we can have a better 2019.

Oh my goodness---I was hoping that your sister would be starting the healing process soon, but that certainly isn't the case. Will send more prayers and pixie dust her way. I hope that it's nothing terribly serious and that they get her out of the hospital soon. I have heard of broken heart syndrome before. My in laws (neither of who I ever met), died within 2 months of each other, and they said his dad literally died from broken heart syndrome :( You have had enough sad/bad news in 2018! :( I sincerely hope that you both can take that cruise,,you both need it!

It just keeps getting better,my sister is now in the cardiac care unit. She was having chest pain and arm tingling on Saturday. She went to the ED, and I don't even think the EKG print out had completed to roll off the machine when they whisked her to the cardiac cath lab. 3 hours later, she has 4 stents, and they have to put another one in before she goes home. Her main artery to the heart had a 90% blockage.

I'm in Virginia and she is in Massachusetts. I talked to her yesterday morning, and I have to say the two of us just sobbed and cried for 45 minutes. The doctor had asked her is she has been under any stress lately. HA HA HA HA. Ya think? He diagnosed her with a medical term I cannot remember, but it is basically know as "broken heart syndrome". It is caused from the stress of grief.

I joked with her and told her she was going to be on that Disney ship on November 10th, if I have to drag her on in a body bag, just so I can say I took my sister on her first cruise. She told me was was adamant about going, because Scotty loved Disney and had never been on the cruise, so she was taking him with her. (I'm typing through tears now, dammit).

Hopefully this is it for my family. Her heart is cleaned up and fixed up, now let's hope 2018 hurries up and gets over so we can have a better 2019.
So sorry to hear this update.

It's called Takosubo's

https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-health/takotsubo-cardiomyopathy-broken-heart-syndrome

It's been over a year now that my sister and my family went through this heartbreak. My sister finally got some normalcy in her life, moved up to Maine with her youngest sons, the twins. Patrick is the one that is paralyzed. His brother Peter had moved up a couple of months ago, and was really happy. Patrick has some real anger issues, he remembers every moment of the plane crash that killed his older brother and put him in a wheelchair. Tonight, our world got rocked again. I am in a fog. My nephew Peter, identical twin to Patrick, my sister's youngest child (younger than Patrick by 20 minutes) was killed in a motorcycle accident. I am numb, I think. I have processed it, I have cried. I can't stop thinking of what my sister is going through right now. How much more can she take? How much more can Patrick take? His twin was his best friend.

I can't even call her, because she is refusing to talk to anyone. She deals best alone. She doesn't like to be around people when she is sad. I know she is more than sad, she is devastated. I'm so worried about her!

This is so awful. Your poor sister. I don't think I could live through all that she has suffered. My husband died, leaving me 3 young children. It was only having my children that gave me strength to carry on. Your sister has lost so much.

Last edited:
Wow so sorry for your loss and all this tragedy your family has gone through. Make sure you are there for your sister. She needs all the comfort she can get.

I just read your story for the first time, I am overwhelmed for you and your family. I have lost a child and have not gone though near what this family has but I know grief . This is when you have to have faith, a strong faith that life is worth living . I know we are not suppose to get religious on these boards but I will say times likes these you need a church . This is something only God can help you with. Grief can consume your life. I will pray for your family, not just saying that to blow smoke but I really will. My daughter was a paraplegic in a wheelchair , I know the struggles. Be a shoulder to cry on when the time is right, and respect people grieve in their own way. Many many blessings to you and your family. We have but one life , lets love one another to the fullest though it. God speed !

I have just found this thread, and I am shocked to read this update. I remember this plane crash like it was yesterday, I was watching the live feed online, as I live nearby. I just cannot believe this latest news, and I am so, so sorry for your sister. I am not sure how much one human being can take, she will surely need alot of support. I will pray for her, and your entire family!

Oh my goodness. That is a heavy load. I’m so sorry.

Just spent the last hour stewing over a mess that will take the better part of the day to clean-up.
Then I read this post.
I will count my blessings and keep your family in prayer as I go through this day and keep things in better perspective.
I am so sorry for your tragedy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter