Need portable nebulizer - tell me what works well

Ali

Resorts are my favorite part of the vacation
My son is using his nebulizer much more frequently and I have an OLD loud heavy thing so I am looking for a model that wil travel easier, and be able to be used in power failures or hurricanes.

Anyone have one have one they could recommend?

Ali,

Sorry I didn't see your post yest.

I have a small ultrasonic Omron nebulizer that I love. I have had it since the fall of 2003 and have had no problems what so ever. I understand there is a mask you can obtain for children if you need it. It is small and has a rigid case to protect it. I have flown and had no problems going through security with it. I have even used it in a movie theater as it is totally SILENT. It is such a treat over the compresser.

This is the model I have. I found it for $195.00 on one of the sites I pulled up. (I paid $280.00 4 yrs. ago)

http://www.omronhealthcare.com/enTouchCMS/app/viewDocument?docID=60

I use the Aeroneb Go. It is completely silent, fast, fits in your hand, runs on batteries or plugs in, and is the only one that will neb Pulmicort.

My son's is also an omron, handheld portable nebulizer. We've had it since 2000.

Why would pulmicort be different? We are doing xopenex and pulmicort 2 times a day and the doc told me I could mix them together in the nebulizer but I don't think it is working right since we started this last week. What are the specifications for pulmicort that are different than other things?

Thanks for the information.

http://www.portablenebs.com/

Here is information about the Omron portable. It also can nebulize Pulmacort.

Probably pulmacort has larger molecules than other medication and that might be the reason some can't use it. There is a very fine membrane in the base of the chamber that does the vibrating to break up the molecules. It is delicate but well protected. I would not let a child handle the unit to fill or clean it due to this but when it is assembled, they could probable hold it just fine depending on their age and maturity and supervision.

OK, I got a Pari LC plus free from the insurance and I bought an Aeroneb Go and my son LOVES LOVES LOVES the Aeroneb Go! It really is totally silent and easy to use. We can even attach the fish mask he likes to use to it. Thanks for the help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter