Need planning help!

MissLilly

Earning My Ears
Ok, I'm planning a trip to Disney World and I have 2 options, I'm going with my husband and 2 kids who will almost be 6 and 7:

Option 1: go for 4 days/3 nights. Get an early flight so we get there early and able to spend most of the day at the parks.Go to the parks. Then on the last day get a late in the day flight and spend the day at the park.

Option 2: go for 6 days/ 5 nights. Get a normal time flight nothing too early, arrive and then spend time at the pool if warm enough and go to Downtown Disney. Then go to a different park each day. Then on the last day get like a 11am flight and leave.

There's about a $1,200 dollar difference between my 2 options that I came up with. I mean saving money is always good but the same time I don't want to rush things. What one is a better option or what have you done? Also, do you feel there's a park not worth going to, especially with kids. I like all the parks!:love:

If it is in you budget I would go with option 2. I would feel too rushed with the first option but i never feel I have enough time.

Saving money is good, but, I would go with option 2. What if your flight is delayed? You'd end up missing out on a park!

Is there an option to do 5 days/4 nights with a late flight returning home?

The 11am flight is pretty early. If you're taking MDE that means you're on the bus at 8am (3hr prior to your flight).

I agree with the rest - Option 2. You didn't say if this is your first trip. If so 4 days is not enough. Not that 4 days is ever enough - but I would do the 6 days.

Option 3.

Leave the husband and kids at home...and go by yourself!!:rotfl2:

J/K.. have a magical time!

I like option #2. Mostly because I don't believe that waking up extra early to get to vacation and be tired right away is a great way to start!

The trip we just came back from, we did 5 nights/ 6 days. We got there late afternoon around 3pm on Saturday and hung out at the pool and our resort and got to bed at a normal time. Then we did parks Sunday thru Wednesday and then had about 2-3 hours to visit a park on Thursday since I got us on a 3pm flight home... no use in getting home too early from vacation!

We skipped Animal Kingdom. We only did that because my kids aren't interested in animals in the least bit. When we went 4 years ago, we went and saw Festival of the Lion King, the Nemo Musical and the safari. I loved the shows... but this time I didn't think it would be worth it. So, instead we did MK for two days which was really nice since we didn't have to see everything in one visit.

I wanted to relax and enjoy this trip and not feel like my parents did on our family trip to WDW... they came home and needed a vacation from the vacation. My DH and I came back well rested.... we went to bed early with the kids some nights which helped and we also came back each afternoon and took a break from the crowds.

We did option 1 in October and while we had a blast, it was exhausting and somewhat stressful trying to fit in everything. Plus we had zero downtime and that made for hard days for my 6 and 8 yo.

Next May we are doing option 2 and I am really excited. Working pool/resort time into most days and not doing parks on arrival or departure day.

I would choose option 2. I never plan a park for the days I am traveling. That puts too much stress on your family to rush.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter