• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need opinions on Best Western Lake Buena Vista

LAB

Earning My Ears
(Is it ok to discuss this (Downtown Disney) resort on this board?

I need the good, bad and ugly on the Best Western Lake Buena Vista Hotel. We are traveling with 5 yr. old twins and a 1 year old next February. We have been given a rate of $109 from Disney, but I found a $99 rate from the BW site. Dates are February 24th for 2 nights.

We will not have a car this time so we wanted to stay somewhere where we could use "Disney" transportation, I believe that the official Disney busses stop here.

I heard that the rooms are larger than the typical Moderate WDW rooms. Plus, we get early entry.

It all sounds too good to be true. Is it?

I have stayed there twice last year and was very pleased both times. As a matter of fact, I'm returning there again the week after Thanksgiving! If you request a Disney View, you will be able to see in the distance Epcot and the castle. You will also be able to watch the fireworks from your balcony. My kids enjoyed that! Also you will be able to see Downtown Disney..very nice. I rented a car so I couldn't tell you how the bus service to the parks is. They do have a Disney Store in the hotel lobby so you will be able to purchase the tickets right downstairs. Just so you know, if you purchase the Entertainment book, ($40 w/shipping), in it is a coupon for the Best Western at 50% off. The website for the book is www.entertainment.com. Well worth the price for the savings you'll get! Hope this helps!

~Ammie

Originally posted by LAB
(Is it ok to discuss this (Downtown Disney) resort on this board?

I need the good, bad and ugly on the Best Western Lake Buena Vista Hotel. We are traveling with 5 yr. old twins and a 1 year old next February. We have been given a rate of $109 from Disney, but I found a $99 rate from the BW site. Dates are February 24th for 2 nights.

We will not have a car this time so we wanted to stay somewhere where we could use "Disney" transportation, I believe that the official Disney busses stop here.

I heard that the rooms are larger than the typical Moderate WDW rooms. Plus, we get early entry.

It all sounds too good to be true. Is it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter