Need opinion...waitlist BLT or Grand Floridian?

momberry

Earning My Ears
I have a studio booked at Polynesian from October 9-14. I am flying in on the 8th and was unable to get Poly the 8th. I am booked at AKV. I am waitlisted at Poly, but want to waitlist either BLT or Grand Floridian (studio) so we can ride the monorail to the Poly. What do you think has the best chances of a waitlist come through?

well, the GF might be getting some negative connotations right now, so maybe that WL will come through. BLT is crazy popular and studios are super hard to get so I would think that one would be the least likely to clear.

BLT by far. Specifically a LV studio. A lot more inventory with that choice.

Last edited:
Please scan when you can, on all three resorts. Your day could come and go. Practically the entire Christmas holiday came up at a LV BLT studio yesterday. Despite how popular it is.

So please don't just rely on just your waitlist.

Also, I went from a VGF to Polynesian studio recently. It was nice to just walk over with my luggage. My room was ready in the morning so there was no wait for anything. Luggage can come very late in the day.

Last edited:

I would waitlist BLT Lake View. There are far more studios in that booking category than in the other two booking categories for BLT.

The BLT Lake View category also has more than either the standard or lake view booking category at the VGF.

I have a studio booked at Polynesian from October 9-14. I am flying in on the 8th and was unable to get Poly the 8th. I am booked at AKV. I am waitlisted at Poly, but want to waitlist either BLT or Grand Floridian (studio) so we can ride the monorail to the Poly. What do you think has the best chances of a waitlist come through?
BLT lake view will be your best bet, I'd use your other spot for Poly for that night as you have listed already.

Thanks everyone! I have waitlisted for the BLT Lake view. Hope for some pixie dust that either BLT or Poly comes through! :)

(And I will be checking all resort availability daily....I am obsessed with checking! )

(And I will be checking all resort availability daily....I am obsessed with checking! )

Well since I'm a skilled scanner :stir:I will give you some pointers. I would upset too many people to tell you what I have nabbed since online came up, so many evil steals! Okay one tidbit....BLT LV during the holidays, including NYE, about four months out. :smokin::drinking1I almost dropped the computer that time.

The weirdest hint ---- For whatever reason, Wednesdays seem to have a lot of movement. Have no clue why. But it never fails, the movement on that day.

If you can get to a computer the first hour and a half after MS phone lines opening, great time. Hard to do for most of us, but it works.

Saturday, a big movement day (EDIT - well used to be, not this time out. The weather is probably too beautiful for this area of the world!).

Mondays - great day!

And of course the days just before 31 days due to penalties.

And end of certain months for banking decisions if there is indecision.

And I assume you know that your refresh button is your greatest friend.

Good luck! You'll get it, I know it.:cheer2:

UDPDATE for my scanning - I am one day away from piecing together a twelve night Christmas/NYs holiday at the Polynesian. Also, I started weeks after the seventh month window.

I too love it. So much that I have been thinking it would be a great side job, to scan for others. Laughing.

Last edited:
Well since I'm a skilled scanner :stir:I will give you some pointers. I would upset too many people to tell you what I have nabbed since online came up, so many evil steals! Okay one tidbit....BLT LV during the holidays, including NYE, about four months out. :smokin::drinking1I almost dropped the computer that time.

The weirdest hint ---- For whatever reason, Wednesdays seem to have a lot of movement. Have no clue why. But never fails the movement on that day.

If you can get to a computer the first hour and a half after MS phone lines opening, great time. Hard to do for most of us, but it works.

Saturday, a big movement day.

I too love it. So much that I have been thinking it would be a great side job, to scan for others. Laughing.

Great tips! I'm currently scouting for one more reservation so will use these for sure...

Nice to share your tips!

:)

The weirdest hint ---- For whatever reason, Wednesdays seem to have a lot of movement. Have no clue why. But it never fails, the movement on that day.

Saturday, a big movement day.

You are so nice to share your tips!!:)

Last edited:
Agree with above tips! I've actually have never had a Disney waitlist come through. However I stalk and am able to book what I wanted to waitlist. Just today I snagged a BLT 2 bedroom for Thanksgiving night! :) Thanksgiving day has been filled at every MK and Epcot resort in one and two bedrooms even though the other days surrounding them have not been too hard to get. To my surprise the BLT 2 bedroom was open!! Snagged it and then checked to see if any others were available - nope, all filled. :)

Happy Stalking!

I'm not OP but wanted to say thanks for the tips on waitlists! I was looking last night and a standard 1bd at BLT was open for 6 of our nights, so I booked it. Now I just need three more at the beginning of the stay. I waitlisted two, one night for each, and I have been checking pretty frequently. I'll keep at it. Happy to know people have luck picking up days and such with and without the waitlists.

Newbie question... Where to stalk? the "availability in the next 60 days" section of the DVC website hasn't been updated in 3 weeks. Is there another section or area that gives more up to date information?? Thanks

Newbie question... Where to stalk? the "availability in the next 60 days" section of the DVC website hasn't been updated in 3 weeks. Is there another section or area that gives more up to date information?? Thanks

Don't rely on that thing. Check due a room as if you were gon to make a regular reservation. If the room is available and you have the points - book it online and call MS later to drop the original reservation and link the two. If you don't have the points, call MS immediately to book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter