Need one more night

lovehoney

DIS Veteran
I was able to get FD at CBR for 12/19 to 12/25. Yay! We are a family of 5 and I am really happy about getting this.

However I wanted to stay through 12/26. Can I add a room only reservation for the 25th? If I do, how does this work when I have dining and tickets with the package?

Will the dining credits expire when we check into the new room only reservation or can we use them for the whole day? Does it mess up your MagicBands?

Would it be better just to get an offsite reservation close by? We will have a car so we don't mind changing resorts if we have to but staying at CBR would prob be the easiest.

I was able to get FD at CBR for 12/19 to 12/25. Yay! We are a family of 5 and I am really happy about getting this.

However I wanted to stay through 12/26. Can I add a room only reservation for the 25th? If I do, how does this work when I have dining and tickets with the package?

Will the dining credits expire when we check into the new room only reservation or can we use them for the whole day? Does it mess up your MagicBands?

Would it be better just to get an offsite reservation close by? We will have a car so we don't mind changing resorts if we have to but staying at CBR would prob be the easiest.

One option would be to call them back to see if you can add a day to your free dining reservation. Something might open up later.

If that fails then you can book a room only reservation but it would be a separate reservation and you might have to switch rooms. Your dining plan credits would expire at midnight on the day you check out of the free dining room reservation. You can buy enough days of tickets to cover your entire stay. Adding a day at the end won't affect your tickets. They will have been activated when you checked in and will be good until you use them up.

If you add a day with a second reservation, then you will get another set of MagicBands. Both sets can be used during the entire trip. They will be interchangeable.

If you decide to get a reservation at a hotel nearby then your MagicBands will still work for your park tickets.

I'm having the same problem and going round and round with Disney about it. We booked CSR FD 11/13 to 11/19. Problem is that I *thought* I booked 11/13 to 11/21 but apparently the computer defaults back to one week and I didn't notice it. I called and they said nothing was available. So we decided we would do a room only and just upgrade our APs and use TIW. I then booked a room only at CSR (same room category) for 11/13 to 11/21. I told DH about the situation and he said, why don't we just do the FD for the beginning and the room only the last 2 days. Duh, why didn't I think of that?! So I called today and said, I need to push my check in back to 11/19 and stay for two nights. They said no that it wasn't available. I said, yes it is available, I have it booked. They said we could do 8 nights but not 2. They want me to pay for a room that is over $700 a night instead of my standard room if I only want 2 nights. It is a standard room, rack rate. SO FRUSTRATING. Both my FD ad room only are in the same resort, same standard room so IF they get it fixed, we shouldn't even have to move. I am beyond irritated with Disney right now.

I was just able to book my extra day this morning. :tongue: I had to go from a preferred room to standard but that is what we wanted originally. I wonder if Disney added more free dining packages?

I am still trying to get our entire stay 12/20-12/26 FD at CBR in a standard. I can reserve 12/21-12/27 or 12/20-12/26, but not our desired dates... Really?!? I know the FD room is available, so why can't I add it to my existing reservation?

I am still trying to get our entire stay 12/20-12/26 FD at CBR in a standard. I can reserve 12/21-12/27 or 12/20-12/26, but not our desired dates... Really?!? I know the FD room is available, so why can't I add it to my existing reservation?

Did you try 12/19 or will that not work?

Good luck and Keep watching!

One option would be to call them back to see if you can add a day to your free dining reservation. Something might open up later.

If that fails then you can book a room only reservation but it would be a separate reservation and you might have to switch rooms. Your dining plan credits would expire at midnight on the day you check out of the free dining room reservation. You can buy enough days of tickets to cover your entire stay. Adding a day at the end won't affect your tickets. They will have been activated when you checked in and will be good until you use them up.

If you add a day with a second reservation, then you will get another set of MagicBands. Both sets can be used during the entire trip. They will be interchangeable.

If you decide to get a reservation at a hotel nearby then your MagicBands will still work for your park tickets.

Thanks a lot for this helpful answer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter