Need New Places To VISIT?

Cilegna

Earning My Ears
I need some NEW places or ideas of what to do for the my 15 day trip. I am looking specifically for OFF-SITE recommendations. I have listed below places I will be visiting. We will be renting a car so driving is not an issue. Any creative ideas APPRECIATED! P.S. I have already seen La Nouba and do not want to go to the Kennedy Space Center.

Parks:
5 day hopper pass
Universal Studios
Island of Adventure
Seawolrd
Busch Gardens

Other locations:
Citywalk
Pleasure Island
Hollyland
Splendid China
Disney Quest
Cypress Gardens
Boggy Creek Ride
Gatorland
Titanic
Guiness Records
The Mercado
Pointe Orlando
Old Town

Dinner Shows:
Sleuth Mystery Dinner
Arabian Knights
Pirates of the Carribbean
Masters of Magic

Again, everyting listed above I already have scheduled for my vacation. It will only be me and my husband. We are in our late 20s and really like to be busy during our vacation. Since our trip will be 15 days I really have a lot time after I do the parks. Oh... I will be going from Jan. 15- 30.

Why not check digital city Orlando or Tampa, check for Art Museums, shows that are in town, special festivals...any cool things going on during that time that you could attend. Have Fun!

On your way to or from Cypress Gardens you might want to stop at Davidsons of Dundee. They make fruit juice jelly candies here, you can stop and watch. They have lots of samples of their jelly and fudge candies. You can also buy citrus and sample oranges. I don't think they're open very late in winter maybe only 5 or 6pm.

We usually have some time before our on-site reservations kick-in. Rather than burn time off of our passes, we get into the WDW mood by visiting the resorts (Boardwalk particularly). Free and still Disney!

Consider a backstage tour (Backstage Magic). Consider Richard Petty's driving experience. I think 4 nights of off site dinner shows may get boring. Look at Wet and Wild if you like water parks (as well as the Disney Parks).

If you want to see something of the real Florida, head to Forever Florida, a wonderful eco-tourism attraction out past St Cloud (in Holopaw). They have a number of tours of the 4,700 acre site, with lots of wildlife and environmental concerns. Look them up on www.foreverflorida.com

Then there's canoeing on the Wekiva River in Seminole County (www.ktland.com) and the Rivership Romance lunch and dinner cruises on the St John's River out of Sanford (look up www.visitseminole.com).

The new Orange County History Center downtown is well worth a visit (as is the Lake Eola area - a lovely walk, especially if you stop for lunch at Lee's Lakeside, Concha Me Crazy or the Lake Eola Yacht Club), while the Winter Park area is just lovely these days, with lots of good shops, walks, museums, parks and the lovely Boat Ride around the lakes.

All your suggestions were GREAT! I was kinda getting discourage and didn't want to me in my hotel room with nowhere to go. You guys are the B - E - S -T! :bounce:

One more suggestion: Wonderworks! We are definitely doing it this trip. We stopped in to check it out during our last visit, but didn't have time to go. It's the upside-down building on international drive. Their website is www.wonderworksonline.com It's an interactive science exhibit, and really looks like a lot of fun! They also have a dinner show called Night of Wonder, and Lazer Tag.

Also, I've heard the Flying Tigers Warbird museum is interesting, if you like war planes etc....I've never been, has anyone else heard of it?

As a side note, however, I think you already have PLENTY to do for a 15 day visit....you've included 26 attractions there! That's an average of nearly 2 per day! Have fun!!

Warmly,
Susanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter