Need more info on connections

Tigger1

DIS Veteran
Just heard of connections recently. I found there web site but got little info.

Does connections only have restaurant vouchers for anywhere besides Disney?
How long has it been around?
How long are the vouchers good for?
Do you have to speicify where you use them?
Are there listings on them where they can be used or do you have to ask the restaurant if they still accept them?

Thanks
Tigger

Check on mousesavers.com. There is a pretty thorough description of the connections program there...much more information than on the connections site.

Thanks everyone. I will look on Mousesavers.

Hey, Mom of 5, I am also a Mom of 5.

Also I sent LilPrincess a pms

Hi all,
I also saw Connections on Mousesavers. On 12/18 I joined for the 30 day trial membership for $1, I had to give them my credit card number. I ordered 3- 4 day park hopper PLUS and 4 restaunt certificates, not really knowing what to expect.
On Dec. 26 they arrived UPS AIR and I had to sign for them. The park hopper PLUS tickets, good at the 3 water parks, PI and Sports Complex. NOT Disney Quest which is why I wanted them. They were the exact same price as the Disney Club, but included the 1 Plus visit, which I have not found anywhere else. (Adult 196.54) (Child (157.43) Price includes tax and shipping.
The quick and casual lunch certificates are cards, just like the vouchers that you would recieve if you bought a package. Mine do have an expiration date of May 31, 2002, this surprised me because I know many people plan much further ahead. They did not state the exp. date on the web site at all. They list all the restaurants on the back of the card. Price $11.00 each including tax and shipping. These are good for 1 entree, 1 side dish, 1 dessert and 1 drink. We plan on using then at Beaches and Cream. I looked at the menus on WDWIG and for most of the restaurants it was not worth using these, but a couple it was. Desserts at B&C run $7 on their own!
On December 28, I cancelled my membership by telephone and felt bad about canceling , but knew I would not be using again within the year and the price of $69.99 was very steep.
After being on hold for 45 minutes, I did not feel so guilty about canceling and was ready to when someone came on the phone. They were very nice about it.
So, that's my experience. I didn't find much information on it before I did it so I wanted to be sure to post.
Liz

Thanks osugrad148

I am one of those plan in advance people.

Good to know that they expire May 2002.

Tigger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter