Need more DDP clarification

tldrn93

Earning My Ears
We've been debating the DDP for our upcoming trip in June. We usually are very conservative with our food budget (split meals, drink water etc...). My question however has to do with using your credits to buy a meal for someone else. The way I look at it, I am paying for these meals...so if I choose to use one on my meals for a friend (which in turn leaves me short a meal by the end then I should be able to do that). I just got off the phone with a CM who told me that each person will have their own DDP card on their room key, and each person will have to show their card. Anyone been to WDW real recently? Wondering if this is true or did I just get a confused CM on the phone? Thnx.

I was there last month on the DDP.

Every card has ALL of the credits on it, but only ONE person needs to present a card to pay for the entire meal. Each person in the party does not have the show a card.

You can use the card to pay for a friend's meal. The only time this *might* be a problem (and it depends on the individual server you happen to deal with) is if your card has children listed on it. If your card is for one adult and two children, then you might be limited by the server to only using one adult credit at a time.

You can also continue to share meals just like you would if you weren't on the DDP. If you share a meal with somebody you'll only be charged the number of credits for the number of meals you ordered. The credit(s) that you "saved" from that meal can be used for future meals. The way the plan is currently set up, you can even share one adult meal with a child and then use the saved "child" credit to purchase another adult meal in the future (Disney doesn't differentiate between adult and child credits)

We were there in December and were novices at this, however, this is our experience. All the adult members (or jr members) of your party who have charging priveleges have the ability to use the credits at will. We bought my brothers meal at H&V and had no problem. We mixed them up daily, breakfasts instead of dinners, all adult or all kids meals, just depended on the situation. The only stipulation they put on the dining plan is that a child has to order off the child menu when applicable (obviously not in the buffets) but you can use your credits when and where they are allowed for whoever, you paid for them :) I also think they allowed the kids to order the apps off the adult menu when they weren't available on the kids menu. There seems to be a gray line regarding the apps.

It really is easier than you think, just ask the CM's when you have a question, they were really nice and unbelievably flexible with the plan.

We were there in December as well. We had absolutely no problem at any of our meals with using one card for 3 adult meals and paying out of pocket for our 2 kids. Our cards were listed as 2A 2C (2 adults and 2 kids - my mom dined with us for several meals but was not staying with us.) Our servers were always nice and accomodating and even suggested ways to maximize our savings or rang items up so that they were covered under the plan instead of paying out of pocket. It really won't be a problem. Just tell your server before ordering who will be using credits and which meals will be paid for out of pocket.

All the discussion around this plan makes seem really difficult/complex but in reality it is very simple to use!

Have a great trip & enjoy the dining plan! We :love: it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter