Need Legoland hotel info

debdreamsofdis

DIS Veteran
I'm looking at booking the Legoland hotel family suite in June and rates are crazy expensive. I also notice there is a $25 resort fee that is added on as well. Any suggestions on where to find a discounted rate for the hotel? Does anyone have any experience staying in the family suites? The rate info says breakfast is included, is it any good? I was thinking maybe arrive there early on check in day and explore the hotel and it's amenities the first day, then go to the park the next day. Can we explore the hotel , use the pools, etc... before check in time? Would one day be enough to enjoy the hotel? Would they let us keep our car parked there on the day of checkout if we go to the park? We would be celebrating my son's birthday while we're there so just wondering if the price is worth it??

Wild at Work has 15% of the Legoland Hotel. You can go to their website wildatwork.com and do a search to see if your company participates. Or, if you have your own business then you can register that way. They have discount tickets too. I booked a room using their promo code last week. This will be our first time visiting Legoland (we are going in May), so I can't comment on any of your other questions, but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that you can park there for the day before you check-in. You should give them a call.

I'm looking at booking the Legoland hotel family suite in June and rates are crazy expensive. I also notice there is a $25 resort fee that is added on as well. Any suggestions on where to find a discounted rate for the hotel? Does anyone have any experience staying in the family suites? The rate info says breakfast is included, is it any good? I was thinking maybe arrive there early on check in day and explore the hotel and it's amenities the first day, then go to the park the next day. Can we explore the hotel , use the pools, etc... before check in time? Would one day be enough to enjoy the hotel? Would they let us keep our car parked there on the day of checkout if we go to the park? We would be celebrating my son's birthday while we're there so just wondering if the price is worth it??

I just compared Expedia prices to what is shown on the LegoLand hotel page. It was about $15 cheaper, so that is a very small discount, and non refundable.

I have to agree that the LegoLand hotel is crazy expensive.
What baffled me was that the large family suite, still only has 1 bathroom. I think I would be willing to pay for the large family suite if it had at least two bathrooms.

I could instead get two smaller rooms, but that gets even more expensive.
But that way we could do two themes.

As for it being worth the price, that is so dependent on how much one values the hotel benefits.
I think it has its own entrance to LegoLand, and that guests get into the park before others.
This might make it worth paying a premium, depending on what attractions are open early.

I was just looking at the Grand Pacific Palisades. With the amount of money I would save, I could buy enough Lego to deck out my own room.

Last time I went to LegoLand I stayed at the Grand Pacific Palisades (the LegoLand hotel had not yet been built). It was a very nice hotel, and a very easy walk to LegoLand.

It also looks like their large family suites do have 2 bathrooms. Last time I was there I was the only adult, with 2 kids, so we were fine in a standard room. This time there will be 6 of us, 4 adults.

My family of 4 is going for the first time in May. I called and booked through the hotel. I used an American Express card to get a discount (20% I think). I should have researched a little more, but I got the park tickets at a discount at the same time, but I'm not sure how much.

We just got home after staying there two nights.

The family suites do not have 2 bathrooms. We stayed in two different rooms, both labeled and booked as family suites, and neither one had 2 bathrooms. Both theoretically could sleep 7, but it would be absolutely miserable if you spent any time in the room. You get a sofa that opens into a double bed, a king size bed, and a tiny room (that is smaller than my closet at home) that has bunk beds with a trundle bed beneath it, that technically sleeps 3. The first room we were in had no separation between spaces; no door to the "kids" room and no door between the sofa bed and the king bed. The second room we had did have a door to the room with the king bed. (We had to move rooms because we booked at two different times, and they did not have more of the first room we had booked. Moving rooms was quite a hassle, but that is another story.)

We were NOT impressed with the rooms at all. Of course, we'd just come off stays at the VGC and Aulani, which might have had something to do with it, but honestly, for the prices we were paying, we were moderately appalled.

The lobby areas, the hallways, and the elevator are really a lot of fun. Too bad the rooms did not equal the public areas. Think Motel 6 bedrooms with a handful of really fantastic decorations.

Now, I will say, that while the adults were not thrilled with what we got for the money we paid, the kids loved it. (If we'd paid half the money, we'd have been fine, but for $450+ a night, by the time we paid taxes and fees, it was pretty ridiculous. For that kind of money, I expect quality furnishings.)

It was worth doing once because the kids loved it so much, but next time, we'll just visit the hotel public spaces, and we'll stay in a cheaper hotel and buy several sets of legos.

I'm happy to answer specific questions if I can.

The legoland website does have AAA discounts and "pay in full in advance" discounts.

I priced it out at full price and went through all the steps of paying and then deiced to look for more options. Suddenly, next time I went back the discounts were there.

We're going next month and while I think the prices are obscene I know my son will love it!

Thank you everyone for the responses. It was exactly what I was looking for. As much as I think my kids would love it, I'm still having a hard time justifying the cost. Sigh. Oh well, maybe we'll try going during the off season sometime when rates are a little cheaper.

We just got home after staying there two nights.

The family suites do not have 2 bathrooms. We stayed in two different rooms, both labeled and booked as family suites, and neither one had 2 bathrooms. Both theoretically could sleep 7, but it would be absolutely miserable if you spent any time in the room. You get a sofa that opens into a double bed, a king size bed, and a tiny room (that is smaller than my closet at home) that has bunk beds with a trundle bed beneath it, that technically sleeps 3. The first room we were in had no separation between spaces; no door to the "kids" room and no door between the sofa bed and the king bed. The second room we had did have a door to the room with the king bed. (We had to move rooms because we booked at two different times, and they did not have more of the first room we had booked. Moving rooms was quite a hassle, but that is another story.)

We were NOT impressed with the rooms at all. Of course, we'd just come off stays at the VGC and Aulani, which might have had something to do with it, but honestly, for the prices we were paying, we were moderately appalled.

The lobby areas, the hallways, and the elevator are really a lot of fun. Too bad the rooms did not equal the public areas. Think Motel 6 bedrooms with a handful of really fantastic decorations.

Now, I will say, that while the adults were not thrilled with what we got for the money we paid, the kids loved it. (If we'd paid half the money, we'd have been fine, but for $450+ a night, by the time we paid taxes and fees, it was pretty ridiculous. For that kind of money, I expect quality furnishings.)

It was worth doing once because the kids loved it so much, but next time, we'll just visit the hotel public spaces, and we'll stay in a cheaper hotel and buy several sets of legos.

I'm happy to answer specific questions if I can.

Thank you.

I decided to not book the LegoLand hotel. I got a really good deal on a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom/with kitchen suite just across the street.
The deal I got is not there anymore, so I think I just got lucky. I got the suite and the LegoLand package for the price that is now showing for the suite only.

We are staying at the VGC after we do LegoLand.

I plan on eating at least one meal in the LegoLand hotel, so I don't feel like a squatter when I explore the hotel.

Thank you.

I decided to not book the LegoLand hotel. I got a really good deal on a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom/with kitchen suite just across the street.
The deal I got is not there anymore, so I think I just got lucky. I got the suite and the LegoLand package for the price that is now showing for the suite only.

We are staying at the VGC after we do LegoLand.

I plan on eating at least one meal in the LegoLand hotel, so I don't feel like a squatter when I explore the hotel.

Congratulations on getting a great deal at a nearby hotel! I honestly think that is the smarter choice. Really, I'm not exactly sorry we stayed there, since the kids really did love it, but it really didn't meet the adults' expectations. My DM had planned to stay with us one night, and was booked into the room, but she took one look at the layout and the sofabed, and called her local friend to come pick her up. She decided visiting the room was enough Legoland Hotel. ;)

I would definitely recommend going over to visit the Legoland hotel, and walking through the lobby areas, the hallways, and taking the elevator up a floor or two just to ride it. (Seriously, the elevators are fun. I think my kids liked the elevators more than some of the official rides.) There is a buffet dining restaurant called Bricks that we had breakfast at every morning. (It was included in the price when we were there. I don't know what the price would be otherwise.) It was surprisingly good at breakfast. I don't know what it is like for dinner. It would probably be easier to go the casual Skyline Cafe, which is across from it. Both have cute decor with lego waiter figures. There is also sort of a snack bar for light meals in the back of the lobby area.

On a related note, my kids were pleased that the "free" breakfast was actually sort of a character meal. We had a jester come to the table and visit with us one morning, and a princess come the second day. My DD3 was thrilled to have a princess hanging out at the table with us, although she had the hardest time trying to figure out which princess she was supposed to be.

The family suites do not have 2 bathrooms. We stayed in two different rooms, both labeled and booked as family suites, and neither one had 2 bathrooms. Both theoretically could sleep 7, but it would be absolutely miserable if you spent any time in the room. You get a sofa that opens into a double bed, a king size bed, and a tiny room (that is smaller than my closet at home) that has bunk beds with a trundle bed beneath it, that technically sleeps 3. The first room we were in had no separation between spaces; no door to the "kids" room and no door between the sofa bed and the king bed. The second room we had did have a door to the room with the king bed. (We had to move rooms because we booked at two different times, and they did not have more of the first room we had booked.

My grandson and nephew REALLY want to stay at the LEGOLAND hotel and I'm trying to decide between 2 rooms or the suite since there will be four adults and 2 kids. Which of the two suites did you like best and why? I'm learning the family suite is more open than the traditional suite layout.

Price wise the suite is quite a bit cheaper than 2 standard rooms and since we're only going to be there one night I don't think we'll be in the room long.

I'd appreciate your comments.

Thanks!

We're just back from a two night stay. The kids LOVED it. The hotel is better than the theme park in our opinion. But it is ridiculously expensive and, for us, a once-in-a-lifetime thing. I wouldn't be able to justify the expense again.

Bricks, the buffet restaurant, is great for families. Breakfast was full of choices, as was dinner. It's good value. It's not haute cuisine but I think most people would be able to find things they liked. Compared to the limited dining options in the park, Bricks is awesome.

How do I look at booking at the LEGOLAND hotel? (Sorry)

I went to the LEGOland website and they have a hotel link there. I checked other websites (Orbitz, etc.) but the prices seemed exactly the same so I decided to book it directly through their website.

I decided to NOT stay at the LegoLand hotel, after comparing their suites to the suites I could get in the hotel across the street.

We did eat in the LegoLand hotel, and explored it a bit.
We were glad we stayed across the street.

For much less than we could have gotten a LegoLand hotel suite (with only 1 bathroom, and minimal space), we got a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, full kitchen, suite across the street. Our resort had multiple awesome pools, including one where one could sit in the hot tub and see the ocean.
We also got 2 free LegoLand tickets, and 4 free breakfast coupons (we stayed 2 nights).

Because we did not eat during normal meal hours, Bricks was closed, so we ate at the bar type place across the hall from the main restaurant.
We had drinks, a fruit plate, and flat bread pizzas. It was all very good, and not over priced (except the kid fancy drinks were over priced for what was likely nothing more than a powdered drink mix in a cute cup).
The chicken flat bread pizza was awesome.

Everything in the hotel looked less awesome in real, than I had imaged when I looked at the pictures. But it was still very cute. Kids who have no concept of what else the same amount of money could buy, would probably love it.
But maybe ask them if they would prefer getting a large expensive Lego set to keep, and then instead staying at the awesome resort across the street.

However,
IF you are visiting during peak season, and want an opportunity for a lower crowd hour before it gets crowded, then the early park entry benefit might make it worth staying in the LegoLand hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter