Need imput on the All Star Movies Resort - HELP!

momof2intx

DIS Veteran
We are torn with whether to stay at an offsite hotel (Radisson Resort Parkway) or the All-Star-movies resort. The rates are only $10 different per night. We are staying 3 nights at the Wyndham Palace (I am a Wyndham employee -- so I'm taking advantage of that) but I need 3 more nights.
I know the kids would absolutely LOVE the ASM with the Toy Sotry characters and all, but I have heard that the rooms themselves are not that nice and the line for the tram to the parks is always really long.
I want a clean room with clean sheets etc. But we don't know what to do!

Any suggestions or imput from those of you who have stayed at ASM?

Jennifer

I really enjoyed AL Mo when we stayed there in 1999 and 2000. The rooms are smaller than the moderates, but we aren't in the room THAT much and it was worth it to see my son's face. He LOVED it!

We've stayed at ASM with no problems. They are very clean, but a little small. We never had any problems getting a seat on a bus. I say go with All Stars and let the kids enjoy the theme.

Another vote for the AS Movies.we are adults with no kids and we have to stay 1 night at the AS or my DH would be upset.

The All Stars are great! The rooms are a tad small depending on your family size, but they were always clean for us.

Originally posted by momof2intx
... but I have heard that the rooms themselves are not that nice and the line for the tram to the parks is always really long.
I want a clean room with clean sheets etc. But we don't know what to do!
Jennifer
Nice depends on what you're comparing it to. They are nice... in that they are clean, well maintained and meet your basic needs. They are not deluxe resorts and do not offer deluxe accomidations. They have 2 full size beds, a small table & 2 chairs, a small dresser (5 drawers?). a large open closet area, and a large sink area. The bathroom itself is pretty small, but the tub is a nice size.

We stayed at ASMu in 2000 during spring break. The AS resorts and most WDW resorts were booked solid. We never had a long line for a bus. In fact the last night (a Fri) at closing we were headed to the bus stop at MK. All the bus stops had 3-4 bus loads of people waiting. I just knew that if the Mods were waitign that long we were in trouble. Well we walked up to one bus loading and 2 pulling up. We walked right onto the 2nd bus.

Let me start by saying I am a big fan of ASMO. We found the transportation to be wonderful there. In 2 trips there very rarely have we waited more than 5-10 minutes for a bus, coming or going to a park. We have never found the rooms to be dirty, or too small in the least(once we even had 3 adults & 2 kids in the room,and had no problem). The CMs were very friendly from check in to mousekeeping, and the food court was wonderful(we arent much of the sit down meal kind of people). IMO, the theming cannot be beat. It is just so Disney! We have also never found it too crowded or noisy. We are going back for our 3rd stay in August!

Definitely stay at ASmovies !! Staying onsite is such a big difference. Your kids will love it. Andy's room is awesome !!

My kids loved the All Star Movies-they were great. We stayed in the Toy Story section and it is very nice and its not far from the food court. You will have a good time.

Stay on-site. It's part of the magical experience.

I too vote for AS. We have stayed at the movies and find it just fine for our family of three. The rooms are clean and neat and the pool and food court is nice. The rooms are a little small but we are only there to sleep. We find the bus service to be excelent. This is the big draw for the on site resort for us. DH hates to drive on vacation. Last year we never moved the car once. We never waited move than about 10 minutes for a bus. We have reservations at the ASSp for this year. We are hoping for a code to upgrade to a deluxe, but we will be happy at the assp if that is where we end up.

Jordan's mom

Well, you talked me into it -- We go with the ASMO resort too. I just really want to see my son's face when he sees the HUGE Buzz. I asked for a room in the Toy Story bldg.

I cannot believe how much money we are spending on this trip -- I vowed not to go all out because the kids are still small -- but now we're doing onsite hotels and a 5 day park hopper! Overall the trip is costing about $2500. Not too bad but definitely not what we had planned. We were just going to do one day of MK and 1 day of Universal. NOPE! Now it is 5 full days of Disney, Disney, Disney!

I received my vacation video in the mail and I think I am more excited about it than the kids are! I used to live in Tampa when I was in 8th grade -- we'd go all the time. Then we moved back here to Texas and the last time was when I was 15 in 1994. I haven't been back since. I cannot wait!!!

This board is great -- you've got me really pumped up!!

Jennifer

Have a great trip!! You're going to have the time of your life! :)

Momof2intx: I'm also considering the same, RRP or Disney value resort. It seems everyone votes for the on-site, but we are not going to the parks at all, so that's another consideration. We will probably do a themed dinner though on Thanksgiving at one of the resorts so convenience is a factor. We are also considering hanging out at DTD. To get to my point though, an earlier post mentions a $49 rate at ASM. You mentioned only a $10 difference between the two. I'm currently paying $72/night at RRP with entertainment card. Would you mind saying what your rates are? I will definately stay onsite for the $50 and have requested more info. We've never stayed onsite and I know the kids would love it.

Originally posted by Howling Howie
Momof2intx: I'm also considering the same, RRP or Disney value resort. It seems everyone votes for the on-site, but we are not going to the parks at all, so that's another consideration.

I still vote for on-site even if you are not doing any parks. Of the 12 to 14 visits we make each year, half of those are "park-less" adventures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter