Need ideas on room dividers

CTillberg

Ms Tilly
I am looking for ideas on how to divide our room up at the CBR. I would like to hang some kind of curtain or something between the beds so that we can put our two young ones down for bed early and give them a little darker area while my husband and I can still watch TV, read, plan, etc.

I have thought about a tent over the bed, but I am not sure if they would want to be enclosed in that for 8 nights.

I would love to hear your ideas on creating a little privacy in a standard hotel room.

Thanks! Cathy

Hmm...never thought about it but how about one of those folding/collapsible rolling racks for clothes (like to use in a laundry room)? (I might not be explaining it right...). You can stand it up and hang an extra sheet or blanket over it. (Of course if wanted one between the beds and one at the foot of the bed you'd need two......

Ok heres my advice: switch to the FW cabins. With the 25% discount from AAA its not that much more expensive than the CBR. For your extra money you get a bedroom and bedroom door to seperate it from the living area and full kitchen, so you can off set the price by dinning in.

To tell you the truth you probably won't even need one! We have been traveling with our girls since they were born, now 6 & 8 and its never been a problem esp at WDW. They are so tired by the time we hit the hotel room that they fall asleep while dh and I watch TV anyway. We usually get them washed and changed and then put on the TV channel with the bedtime stories. It runs from about 7pm to 10 (IIRC) and there is no picture just story, Toy Story 2 and Beauty and the Beast among others. This usually has our girls asleep within a 1/2 hour at most. Then dh and I can watch and have some time to ourselves.

I also agree with the above poster that the FW Cabins are just ideal for a family. Not much more in price than CBR esp with a code or discount (they often have great discounts on these) t This way you have a bedroom and a full kitchen and a great resort with lots of wonderful activities.

TJ

To tell the truth, we have never had to use them either. Our kids usually went to sleep very quickly once we got back to the room. Have you been to WDW before and had this problem? We never thought about it, and thank god never needed anything. Good Luck and have fun anyway.

How about this for an idea.
Our older two used the eye shades from the plane to shield their eyes from the light, when they went to sleep and we and my wife watched TV.

Here's Charlotte First, then Andrew demonstrating this idea (unwittingly !!! :p :D :) :eek: :o )

Charlotte Asleep
Andrew Asleep

Just for completeness, William is demonstrating the benefits of being too tired to care :earsboy:
William Asleep

LOL! I can tell you are first time goer without reading the caption above your counter! My first thought when I read this was "Stay up later than the kids? I'm too exhausted to stay up that late!" It might happen the first night. *Could* even happen the second night, but by the third night it is going to be a race to see if the kids or mom and dad fall asleep first!! ;) And even if you still need a bit extra time to fall asleep reading or channel surfing, you may find that your kids are so exhausted that you have to wake them up to put them in the pj's! So it could be a non-issue still.

:earsgirl:

I have never had this problem, we go in the summer when the parks are open later, so I guide 2 sleep-walking boys to the room from the bus!

Before our trip, I worried about the kids staying awake too -- but that turned out to be needless worrying. Both boys were so exhausted each night, after endless fun at the parks, that they practically fell asleep before their heads hit the pillow. (I was pretty exhausted too.) DH stayed up and watched a little television each night without keeping any of us awake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter