• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Ideas for 5yo DD Birthday Dinner at WDW

scoutmontana

Earning My Ears
I posted late last night so I got bumped quickly.

Mom, dad, dd(turning 5 while in WDW) looking for best birthday dinner place.

We are hoping to go to CRT for breakfast that morning.

Staying at the Poly so we currently have the Luau booked for Birthday night for 8:00 seating (thought it would still be daylight for 5:30 seating)

do you think this is the best place to go?

We plan to go to 1900 Park Fare our last night for the Cinderella dinner.

I would like to have a cake for her birthday, has anyone done this before?

when we went to disney, it was for my birthday and everytime we had dinner, we celebrated my birthday!

one time was at the garden grill in epcot...it was nice. i had a cake and there were the main characters....but it was more of an older setting.

then i had lunch in the castle and they brought out and ice cream sunday and announced that "princess megan" was turning 17!!
and they threw confetti lol...

then we also ate at 50s prime time in MGM....and out waiter had me stand up in the middle with my cupcake and the whole restaurant sang to me....that one was the best

then we also celebrated at chef mickeys....i got a kiss from mickey and donald....and goofy got jealous....it was funny...they all made it fun! and we sang! (see picture below...)

i also did the princess breakfast and they had all the princesses and prince charming sign a card.

IMPORTANT : when you first get there....go to the city hall in MK and get an "its my birthday" pin for her to wear. at one point i had been walking down the street and a cast member pulled me inside the store and told me i had a phone call...i was like "who in the world..." but when i picked up the phone, it was a happy birthday message from goofy!! so be sure to advertise her birthday so that she can get all the attention!! :teeth:

My DD turned 7 this past trip to WDW and we had a very special afternoon and evening planned at AK. However she is more into animals than princesses - so it may not work for every little girl.

We planned to go to AK about 2:00 that afternoon, enjoy a few rides, watch the parade, then get the last safari ride of the day, and just as it finishes, be the last ones on the Pangani Forest trail. Then we SLOW DOWN and really enjoy the animals, the theaming, etc. We walk very slowly out of the park, strolling under the Tree of Life, finding our favorite animals, etc. We finally finish up at 6:00 at the Rain Forest Cafe at AK and have a dinner in their "Jungle". Our plan was to celebrate her birthday with a Volcano desert - more than enough for the 3 of us.

Unfortunately I got very sick and we had to go home without this special day, but we are going back the end of February and plan to spend 1 afternoon this way - even if it isn't really her B'day!

Just a different idea for B'days - or any other special day. AK with no crowds at the end of the day is really awsome.

Morganne's Mommy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter