Need help with St. Pete's Hotels/Motels

dsaienni

Earning My Ears
I am planning a 4 day trip for 4 adults to St. Petersburg Beach in October. I was hoping someone could give me some suggestions on reasonably priced hotels/motels. I already looked into The Tradewinds Resorts, but we don't want to spend that much money. We are interested in small, clean hotels or motels or efficiencies that have a good reputation.

I would appreciate any advice or help!

Hi,

We stayed down the beach from the Trade Winds at the Howard Johnson in 1997. We found it to be a very clean & comfortable hotel, with nice rooms with a fridge. TV and coffee making facilities. There was a small restaurant attached where I can recommend the 16 oz T-Bone steak :)

The hotel pool is nice, with a beach bar (Barnicle Bills?), which stays open quiet late at night.

The St Pete's area also has a series of Superior Small Lodgings which offer more small-scale style but still (usually) with plenty of charm, and a lot less pricey. Call 1-888 600 2468 for all the details or look up the St Pete's Beach website on:

www.stpete-clearwater.com
www.floridasbeach.com

Another alternative (not quite as pricey as the Tradewinds) is the Sheraton Sand Key Resort, which is a great hotel (I checked it out last May). Look up www.beachsand.com

There goes my plug for the Don CeSar or the Vinoy, both in St. Pete. (they are sister hotels) Both are beautiful. One on the beach and one downtown St.Pete. When in doubt, go with the AAA-rated hotels/motels.

We also stayed at the Howard Johnson and would recommend it. The little bar down by the beach was great, the barmaid gave us free drinks 'cos we helped her put the shutters down every night (Bless her!) :D
The Tradewinds was just about next door and looked very nice but expensive.

I appreciate the replies to my post. I am going to look into the Howard Johnson. I have also been looking at a couple of the "Superior Small Lodging" places. Does anyone have any information on the Sun & Sea Resort Motel or The Palm Crest Resort Motel?

Hi, we have vactioned in the St. Pete area for over 25 years.We have stayed at the
BonAire Resort.It has various lay outs from hotel room to 1 bedroom apts. The pool and grounds are landscaped very nice.The Palm Crest is a very small property. Friends stayed there before. Some of the Plams Crests units have been chopped up into odd configurations.
The Alden is nice and the Plaza Beach Motel is nice for a small mom & pop type place.Hope this was of help. Have a nice trip! Debbie-Indiana

DebraK - thanks for the info! The Bon Aire Resort looks really nice and reasonable. I have requested rate information from them. Thanks again!

I just wanted to thank those of you who responded to my post. We have decided to go with the Bon-Aire Resort.

Hi,
I think you will be pleased with the BonAire. We have stayed there 3 times and found it to be a nice family motel.We rented a 1 bedroom apt. and loved having the kitchen and separate bedroom. The Rhe grounds and the unit were always in clean shape. If you get a chance try "Crabby Bills"it is a local favorite for very casual seafood."Leverocks" is good for seafood too.Have a fun trip!!! Debbie-Indiana

Do you have a website for the Bon-Aire Resort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter