Need help with planning morning EMH a AK?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
There will only be 2 of us and we plan to arrive at 7:45 for an 8:00 am morning extra magic hours. We plan to leave the park around 1:30.
We have been to AK several times so we wont be fitting everything in but just our favorites.
I'm having a hard time planning on what order and timing to do things.
We would like to make reservations for Caring for the Giants at 9:30 am which is an hour long and then Tuskers House breakfast at 10:50.
So far I have made a plan to head straight to the Navi River when we get there, then to the safari and FP FOP after breakfast, if we can get a FP for that time. I figure around 11:30-12:30 FP.
Ok here is a list of what we want to do before crowds take over and being able to leave by about 1:30.

Navi River
Caring for the Giants Tour at 9:30 am
Safari
Everest
Dinosaur
Tough to be a Bug
Breakfast at 10:50, I already have this reserved.
FOP with FP
Maybe Finding Nemo show?

So how should we go about doing all this before 1:30? What order or strategy would you try?
I'm not sure how much we can get done before having to be at the tour around 9:15 or what other rides to FP. I know the tour takes a big chunk of time but have read the elephants are more active at that time.

Is Na'vi a definite must do? It would be a lot easier without it. You could head to Everest and probably ride a couple times, then Dinosaur and Tough to be a Bug before you had to be at the Tour. Make your FoP FP+ for a little later, and you could do the Safari right after brunch, then FOP and you're done. It's going to be noon before you're finished with Tusker, if not later, so you've got to get a lot done in that EMH hour.

Is Na'vi a definite must do? It would be a lot easier without it. You could head to Everest and probably ride a couple times, then Dinosaur and Tough to be a Bug before you had to be at the Tour. Make your FoP FP+ for a little later, and you could do the Safari right after brunch, then FOP and you're done. It's going to be noon before you're finished with Tusker, if not later, so you've got to get a lot done in that EMH hour.
Navi is not a must do. We did ride it last trip. Sounds like a plan. What if we head the other way and do Tough to Be a Big, Dinosaur, then Everest? Or do you think lines for Everest would be up by then?

Navi is not a must do. We did ride it last trip. Sounds like a plan. What if we head the other way and do Tough to Be a Big, Dinosaur, then Everest? Or do you think lines for Everest would be up by then?

That would work too, lines for EE won't start getting long until later in the morning. Which one is closer to the Tour, TTBB or EE?

That would work too, lines for EE won't start getting long until later in the morning. Which one is closer to the Tour, TTBB or EE?
I'm not sure which is closer but I'm thinking Everest is. I will have to check the map.

Bug is not a EMH ride, so I would go(without Nav'i) Dinosaur, Everest, Safari,Giants, Breakfast, FoP, Bug. Don't know if you will be done by 1:30.

Disney web site reads for Caring for Giants...Please check in 15 minutes prior to start of experience at the Curiosity Animal Tours kiosk, located across from the Kilimanjaro Safaris

I would do Navi, Everest, Dinosaur, Safari, Giants tour, Tusker House, FOP FP & Tough to be a Bug.

Safari may be tight before the Giants tour. You could also do safari w FP after breakfast also. If you skip Navi, you shouldn’t have any trouble doing everything on your list.

Bug is not a EMH ride, so I would go(without Nav'i) Dinosaur, Everest, Safari,Giants, Breakfast, FoP, Bug. Don't know if you will be done by 1:30.

Disney web site reads for Caring for Giants...Please check in 15 minutes prior to start of experience at the Curiosity Animal Tours kiosk, located across from the Kilimanjaro Safaris
That sounds like a good plan. Thanks for letting me know the bug show is not EMH. I didn't know that .

I would do Navi, Everest, Dinosaur, Safari, Giants tour, Tusker House, FOP FP & Tough to be a Bug.

Safari may be tight before the Giants tour. You could also do safari w FP after breakfast also. If you skip Navi, you shouldn’t have any trouble doing everything on your list.
I'm not sure how long the safari takes but that was my worry about it cutting it to close to the tour . I'm thinking it is 20 minutes.

That sounds like a good plan. Thanks for letting me know the bug show is not EMH. I didn't know that .

I'm not sure how long the safari takes but that was my worry about it cutting it to close to the tour . I'm thinking it is 20 minutes.

I wouldn't do safari before your tour unless you do it first. Yes, it's only about 20 min, but if you happen to get caught with animals in the roadway, you could be late for your tour, and they won't wait for you. If you do it first thing, then you're doing some back tracking and a lot of walking to get anything else done before the tour.

I wondered about Bug and EMH, but didn't check it. Since it is not, it makes sense to start with EE and end there right at 9:00. You should still be able to get to the tour once it's done, but you'll have to hustle. Make sure you sit one the exit side of the theater.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter