Need help with ideas for magic moments

EMHDad

DIS Veteran
Our close friends are traveling FL for a month in a RV. On Wed-Fri they are staying at Fort Wilderness for 2 nights. They are not going to any of the 4 theme parks, but will be on Disney property. They are also not interested in any Disney restaurants.

can anyone give me moments of Magic for them? They will have bikes to bike around FW. What are some free/cheap ideas within FW, but also outside FW as well. I would appreciate any and all ideas to share with them. Thank you!!

It doesn't sound as if they are much into "Disney Magic" - no parks, not interest in Disney restaurants. Why not just give them a Visa gift card to use how they see fit?

Ft. W has a ton of inexpensive things to do - fishing, canoe/kayak rentals, gem mining, visiting the stables, s'mores, sing a-long with Chip and Dale. I would recommend they visit the stables and then go to Meadows outpost to view all of the low cost and free recreational activities available to them at the resort. They can also rent a pontoon boat at the Ft. W dock (more expensive than the kayak/canoes) or even book a guided fishing excursion (on the pricier end). They could also boat over to the Magic Kingdom and ride the monorail around to Contemporary, Poly and Grand Floridian and visit all of those resorts for free. All of those activities could very well fill up their time at Ft. W and offer them a bit of Disney magic.

It doesn't sound as if they are much into "Disney Magic" - no parks, not interest in Disney restaurants. Why not just give them a Visa gift card to use how they see fit?

I think you misunderstood. I am not looking to give them a present. I am just looking to give them some advise/direction/tips to making the most of the time on property.

Personally . I’d Mind my own Business & let them Find ”Their own Magic” Unless theyasked .

I would think the best advice is to tell them to pick up a resort activity guide for the time they are there and let them choose what they are interested in if any at all. Sounds like they may just want to camp at a well kept campground.

I would make sure to tell them about Disney Springs. Good restaurants and lots of shopping, Lots of stuff to do there. Have them head there one night.

Personally . I’d Mind my own Business & let them Find ”Their own Magic” Unless theyasked .
Lots of nice people like to do things for "close friends". I encourage good deeds. I try to do one every day. Glad to hear the OP is thinking of others. Great job OP. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter