Need help with HS itinerary - MOTFO and JT

friedela

DIS Veteran
I am not sure why so many people say that HS isn't a full day, I am having such a hard time getting everything we want to do into the itinerary without having time overlaps :/ My biggest concern is

• March of the First Order - 11:00 PM
  • Jedi Training - 11:40 PM

Without knowing the size of the park and how long everything takes and just never been before it's hard to know how much time to allow ourselves. Right now MDE is saying these two overlap one another. There is no set amount of time for MOTFO, how long does it last? Are we pushing it to hope to be at Jedi Training for 11:40?

ETA: I know the JT isn't a reservation, this is really the only time that works for us to do it because our schedule is so packed. So I'm hoping we can get in for the 11:40.

They ask you to show up 30 minutes before the start of your showtime for Jedi Training. If you aren't there early enough, they can give your slot away to someone on a wait list.

I don't believe the MOTFO is very long though - maybe 15 minutes? And Hollywood Studios is much smaller than the other parks - it's not that far to walk to get to the Jedi Training staging area. So you could theoretically still do both. You could at least watch the beginning of the show before heading over for JT. I have Star Wars fans, too... good luck!

I believe MOTFO repeats in every hour on top of the hour.

Will you try to catch an earlier or later one?

I believe MOTFO repeats in every hour on top of the hour.

Will you try to catch an earlier or later one?

I was able to move Jedi training to 2:40 instead but now I can't get "Beauty and the Beast Live" to fit, lol.
Maybe you experts can give me some pointers? This is what I have right now:

• 10:00-10:15 AM: Frozen Sing-Along FASTPASS+ (show is from 10:30-11:00 AM)
  • 11:00 AM: March of the First Order
  • 12:25-1:25 PM: Star Tours FASTPASS+
  • 2:40 PM: Jedi Training (hopefully, if we can get this slot!)
  • 3:40 PM: Sci Fi Dine-In Reservation
  • 5:05-6:05 PM: Toy Story Mania FASTPASS+
  • 7:00 PM: Fantasmic

and just like that, the day is gone!

Beauty and the Beast plays at 11:00, 1:00, 2:00, 4:00 and 5:00. It isn't the end of the world if we don't see it, I understand we can't do everything but I'd love to see it!

According to MDE JT start times are: 9:40, 10:10, 11:10, 11:40, 12:40, 1:10, 1:40, 2:10, 2:40, 3:10, 3:40, 4:10, 5:10, 6:10 and 6:40.

Younglings who wish to participate in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple must register before the show.

I was able to move Jedi training to 2:40 instead but now I can't get "Beauty and the Beast Live" to fit, lol.

Beauty and the Beast plays at 11:00, 1:00, 2:00, 4:00 and 5:00. It isn't the end of the world if we don't see it, I understand we can't do everything but I'd love to see it!
My mother has been to the beauty and the best show many times and she said that it is about a half hour long. So you can do the 5:00 show and go directly to Toy story mania and do your FP.

It is a half day park if you don't do the shows (although, there are fewer of those now too). I've always found the show schedule challenging in this park and as a result, we tend to skip them. I've never seen Fantasmic - the hassle of lining up for an hour to get a good seat just has never seemed like a good use of park time to me.

We tend to do the rides at HS, some meet and greets and sometimes the Indy show. (We once did almost a whole day with meet and greets - kids had a blast.)

I also don't like to over schedule a day, as then I just feel like I'm racing around.

The match is just a few minutes. I see now you've already changed it, but if you'd watched from the left side of the stage (toward Star Tours), I think you'd have been fine getting to JT. Although I'm a little confused....can you reserve JY ahead of time now, or are you just hoping you can get that slot?

I'm trying to make a HS day with mostly all shows plus Jedi training and the March too. It is challenging! My husband will ride RnR while DS and I sign up for Jedi training,, we've got one Star tours fast pass in there, and all the rest are shows. They'll be mostly all new to us, so worth going to. It's complicated especially when you then have to work in an ADR as well.

The match is just a few minutes. I see now you've already changed it, but if you'd watched from the left side of the stage (toward Star Tours), I think you'd have been fine getting to JT. Although I'm a little confused....can you reserve JY ahead of time now, or are you just hoping you can get that slot?

no, it's just the slot that I am hoping for. I added it to my itinerary but it isn't a reservation. If we can't get that slot we'll have to move things around again.

I'm trying to make a HS day with mostly all shows plus Jedi training and the March too. It is challenging! My husband will ride RnR while DS and I sign up for Jedi training,, we've got one Star tours fast pass in there, and all the rest are shows. They'll be mostly all new to us, so worth going to. It's complicated especially when you then have to work in an ADR as well.

It totally is challenging!

My mother has been to the beauty and the best show many times and she said that it is about a half hour long. So you can do the 5:00 show and go directly to Toy story mania and do your FP.

ok thanks! Does the TSM one take long? I am hoping to get in line or get a spot or whatever for Fantasmic about 45 mins beforehand so we get a good spot. Is there seating at Fantasmic or does everyone stand around?

ok thanks! Does the TSM one take long? I am hoping to get in line or get a spot or whatever for Fantasmic about 45 mins beforehand so we get a good spot. Is there seating at Fantasmic or does everyone stand around?
When I was there in October, the fast pass line moved quick. I think the longest my son and I waited was 25 min because of a group of people in wheelchairs. Non fast pass line moved slow. Not sure. Tower of terror line was short so we rode that multiple times in a row.

A few thoughts:
What are you planning to do before 10:00? If you arrive at rope drop for Jedi Training sign-up (recommended), they usually let people in by about 8:40. When we did it, we were done with the sign-up by about 9:00AM. If you went straight to Star Tours right after, you could ride it stand-by, (probably a couple of times if you wanted to) with little to no wait, freeing up that FP+ for something else. You could then attend the 1:00 show for Beauty & the Beast.

The Frozen Sing-Along is about 30 minutes long. It takes a few minutes to exit the theatre, so unless you leave early, you might miss the beginning of the MOTFO at 11:00AM. If you miss it, you could catch the 12:00PM show instead.

You have some pretty big gaps between your planned attractions/shows. I'm not sure what you plan to do in between, but you may be over-estimating how long it will take to get from place to place. HS really isn't that big. Are you planning to meet any characters or visit Star Wars Launch Bay? You will probably have more time than you think.

A few thoughts:
What are you planning to do before 10:00? If you arrive at rope drop for Jedi Training sign-up (recommended), they usually let people in by about 8:40. When we did it, we were done with the sign-up by about 9:00AM. If you went straight to Star Tours right after, you could ride it stand-by, (probably a couple of times if you wanted to) with little to no wait, freeing up that FP+ for something else. You could then attend the 1:00 show for Beauty & the Beast.

The Frozen Sing-Along is about 30 minutes long. It takes a few minutes to exit the theatre, so unless you leave early, you might miss the beginning of the MOTFO at 11:00AM. If you miss it, you could catch the 12:00PM show instead.

You have some pretty big gaps between your planned attractions/shows. I'm not sure what you plan to do in between, but you may be over-estimating how long it will take to get from place to place. HS really isn't that big. Are you planning to meet any characters or visit Star Wars Launch Bay? You will probably have more time than you think.

That's what I was thinking. We were at HS on January 25th and our day looked like this 9am rope drop toy story mania, followed by star tours, rock n roller coaster, Indiana jones, march of the first order and then we had lunch then Star Wars launch bay then left the park at 12:30. It really is a small park to navigate and there will be lots of down time in your schedule.

Yep, the plan was to try to meet the characters before 10 AM. We wanted a bit of break in-between things just because you're right, we don't know the size of the park and we will need time to get the kids snacks in-between shows and attractions. Should I try to push things closer together to eliminate those gaps??

is it a rush at opening to get the jedi training? just wondering....

I've never seen Fantasmic - the hassle of lining up for an hour to get a good seat just has never seemed like a good use of park time to me.

Guests don't "line up" an hour before F!
(at least for the first -or only- performance of the evening.)
Guests don't stand in a long line if they arrive that early.

But, yes, it can be an advantage to walk into the theater about 45-60 min. before show-time.
And, the reason that many of us recommend the 45-60 min. early-arrival time is so if the show
happens to be busy (nobody, including Disney, can predict which shows will turn out to be "sell-outs")
the guest will be able to get seated... and, have a better choice of seats.

One of THE most proven rules is that
if seeing a particular performance is IMPORTANT to a guest,
arriving early can solve a lot of potential problems.

OTOH, if seeing a given show is of only passing interest,
arriving much closer to start-time may
work. It sometimes works fine.

Making that determination is up to the guest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter