Need help with having wife get access to DVC account

nkosiek

DIS Veteran
So my wife and I have owned for almost a decade now. That said, I'm the only one they have attached via email to the account, so I'm the only one with a log-in. She will be the one available to buy APs this week, but would need her own log-in, etc. How do I go about it?

1-800-800-9800
Funny you should ask….going thru my DVC file and found this from 2004
You both should have received a Pin a long time ago .
I wonder if the pin still works for my adult son that also has never activated .

7652B8E8-8727-411D-BD99-EF0C6E306879.png

I think the DVC AP early AP sales is online only .
Do you both have MDE registrations recognizing your DVC Home Resort?

I agree with calling MS to get help with this. For years, my wife and I just used the same DVC and MDE account. As things changed, and DVC moved to digital membership cards and validation, we had to separate our access into individual accounts. If she's on the DVC deed(s), she should have her own DVC account and her own MDE account to verify that ownership and get the benefits of the ownership. After we got that fixed, we shared our MDE access and can still do all our planning together.

We just went through this while preparing for our upcoming trip in May. We’ve been DVC members since ‘98 and we’re both on the deed. We both have MDE accounts but I’m the only one who ever logged into the DVC member site. When we tried logging her into DVC, it asked for her PIN which of course we don’t have, so we called MS and they added her to the DVC site so she could access her digital member card. You can’t call on her behalf. She needs to call or at least she needs to be with you when you call.

We just went through this while preparing for our upcoming trip in May. We’ve been DVC members since ‘98 and we’re both on the deed. We both have MDE accounts but I’m the only one who ever logged into the DVC member site. When we tried logging her into DVC, it asked for her PIN which of course we don’t have, so we called MS and they added her to the DVC site so she could access her digital member card. You can’t call on her behalf. She needs to call or at least she needs to be with you when you call.

Pretty much same situation here...DH also never had his own login, but in order to download the digital DVC card with HIS name (and not mine) he had to have his own account....and we didn't have the CLUB ID assigned to him (didn't even know what that was) so it took a phone call and having him nearby to verify login information. It took us a few tries to get this done correctly (and we are IT people) due to some other issues, but it was definitely something requiring talking to DVC personnel directly.

Same issue with my husband who since we joined in 1998 and he never needed his own account. But then We couldn’t get him a Disney card. I tried calling but then they needed him and he wasn’t around, then I tried chat and they told me he had to call. We hapoened to be in Epcot in March and went to the DVc member lounge. They took care of it. It seemed like this was a recurring issue because the guy helping us said this has become an issue when it never was before. I’m not sure whst he did but my husband got an immediate email with a pin and then he set up his own account and got his Disney membership card. Hard to believe he will ever need his account again. I do pretty much everything to do with DVC as well most other stuff at home, financial or otherwise, We do joke that if I ever wanted to I could take every dime we have and disappear and he would never know because he has no idea how to access anything…not thst I haven’t tried. He just doesn’t care.

Same issue with my husband who since we joined in 1998 and he never needed his own account. But then We couldn’t get him a Disney card. I tried calling but then they needed him and he wasn’t around, then I tried chat and they told me he had to call. We hapoened to be in Epcot in March and went to the DVc member lounge. They took care of it. It seemed like this was a recurring issue because the guy helping us said this has become an issue when it never was before. I’m not sure whst he did but my husband got an immediate email with a pin and then he set up his own account and got his Disney membership card. Hard to believe he will ever need his account again. I do pretty much everything to do with DVC as well most other stuff at home, financial or otherwise, We do joke that if I ever wanted to I could take every dime we have and disappear and he would never know because he has no idea how to access anything…not thst I haven’t tried. He just doesn’t care.

Because the cards are now digital, in order for the system to recognize him as DVC, he has to have both an MDE and DVC account linked in order for that to happen.

So, it doesn’t matter if he uses, but it’s the only way for him to get a digital card with his name.

When they sent out physical cards, each owner got their own…but now, it’s only available via the website or through MDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter