Need Help with FP+ Strategy

henrylovespooh

DIS Veteran
We're going to WDW January 28-February 2. Family of four with park hopper tickets.

My original plan was to go to MK on our first day (EMH morning), leave around 1:30 and go to Epcot for the rest of the day, ending with Illuminations. (No Main Street Electrical Parade that night at MK)

On our second day, we will go to Epcot in the morning and then head over to MK to have dinner, watch the Main Street Electrical Parade and then Wishes.

I booked FastPasses for the afternoon at Epcot the first day and late afternoon at MK the second day, figuring that lines would be longer in the afternoon than the mornings.

Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake and should have booked the Fastpasses for the park we'll be at first in the morning, and then, if possible, booking more fast passes as we head to the other park in the afternoon.

Looking for advice on the better plan. Thanks!

We're going to WDW January 28-February 2. Family of four with park hopper tickets.

My original plan was to go to MK on our first day (EMH morning), leave around 1:30 and go to Epcot for the rest of the day, ending with Illuminations. (No Main Street Electrical Parade that night at MK)

On our second day, we will go to Epcot in the morning and then head over to MK to have dinner, watch the Main Street Electrical Parade and then Wishes.

I booked FastPasses for the afternoon at Epcot the first day and late afternoon at MK the second day, figuring that lines would be longer in the afternoon than the mornings.

Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake and should have booked the Fastpasses for the park we'll be at first in the morning, and then, if possible, booking more fast passes as we head to the other park in the afternoon.

Looking for advice on the better plan. Thanks!

This is a very common question and there is no "correct way" to do it.

You can decide which will be your preference, as the debate goes on as to which is "better."

Many more details, logistics, and FP+ priorities found HERE.

It's definitely a trial and error decision. In your case, I'd take a stab at Epcot FPs on your first afternoon there. Take advantage of MK EMH, hop to Epcot where lines have built. Second day, if you're not getting to MK until later, I might still use FPs in Epcot - depends on what rides you accomplished on day 1 and whether you have any more full days at MK. If not, definitely afternoon FPs at MK. (I just thought it sounded like you were mostly going for parade/fireworks, not leaving much time for rides)

All of our FPs are booked for afternoon parks.

We will do EMH in the morning, and expect to ride everything we want--even twice in a couple of instances.

I'll let you know if this was accomplished when we return! :goodvibes

Thanks Mikie - the one day I am really conflicted about is the second day. I do think I'm going to change my FPs to Epcot so we can enjoy the day there and then head over to MK for dinner, parade and fireworks and not have to head back into the park for rides. (We're having dinner at Tony's).

All of our FPs are booked for afternoon parks.

We will do EMH in the morning, and expect to ride everything we want--even twice in a couple of instances.

I'll let you know if this was accomplished when we return! :goodvibes

That's how I felt about our MK morning - with EMH, I think we'll be able to do the important things early and have the added treat of Soarin' when we get to Epcot.

Thanks- I look forward to hearing how it goes. Have a great trip!

there is no one right answer. Personally, I would use the FP+ at MK both days especially with the crowd levels where they will be. I would also make sure to hit EPCOT at RD.

The likelihood of getting decent fp at Epcot on the afternoon day of is almost nothing. But MK you can get 4th, 5th, 6th etc fairly decent ones sometimes. We've done both having 1st park early fp's and 2nd park fp's. Both are totally viable.

I'm more concerned with your rope drop to park close two days in a row. Sounds very tiring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter