• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need help with dates

Glynis

<font color=indigo>Taking applications for a WDW t
Hi, everyone! I recently had gastric bypass surgery, and to date have lost 52 pounds. I'm just over halfway to my goal. DH has promised me a trip to DL to celebrate as I reach my goal. We are planning a trip for sometime in the next few months. Here's where I need the help: I HAVE to go on Pirates. It's non-negotiable. I know that it's going down for refurb this Spring. So, I would prefer to wait until it's up and running again. We also want to be there while the 50th celebration is still up and going. So, can anyone tell me how hot/how bad the crowds are in late July and early August?

Thanks.

OK, so I really can't help you with answering your question about crowds in July/August. . . but I do want to congratulate you on both your incredible weight loss and your upcoming "celebration" trip! :cheer2: Great job!

Happy planning!

I too really want to say Congratulations!! And sorry I don't have the answer to your questions either. I'm sure someone else will know.

Glynis said:
Hi, everyone! I recently had gastric bypass surgery, and to date have lost 52 pounds. I'm just over halfway to my goal. DH has promised me a trip to DL to celebrate as I reach my goal. We are planning a trip for sometime in the next few months. Here's where I need the help: I HAVE to go on Pirates. It's non-negotiable. I know that it's going down for refurb this Spring. So, I would prefer to wait until it's up and running again. We also want to be there while the 50th celebration is still up and going. So, can anyone tell me how hot/how bad the crowds are in late July and early August?

Thanks.
It WILL be crowded. You'd do better to go in late August, but not by much. It you must go at this time, go out and buy The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland and follow it religiously. GET TO THE PARKS EARLY BEFORE THEY OPEN and do as much as you can in the morning. I can't emphasize this enough! Most people mosey in around 10 or 11 and then the lines get long. You can do a lot of rides between 8 am and 10 am. Go to shows and movie attractions in the afternoons to avoid the crowded lines and to cool off. Or, if you're tired from getting up so early, go back to your hotel and take a nap!

The good thing is that the parks stay open later and have more going on during the summer months. And as for weather, it'll be hot, but it's not humid, so the heat isn't as draining as it could be! CA Adventure is a hotter park because of lack of shade.

Congrats on your weight loss :cheer2: and have a fabulous time!!!!

Thanks, everyone, for your congratulations! It's been a tough time, but it's worth it to see my heart getting healthier, not to mention all my other health problems vanishing.

DH and I want to go before our kids start school so it will be easier to farm them out to unsuspecting relatives. So, early to mid-August is as late as we can go. We are DL veterans, so it's not necessary for us to do EVERYTHING. We each have our favorites that must be done. I love to go to DL for people watching more than anything.

I really appreciate your answers. Thanks for helping me out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter