Need help with a font

princessh

Every woman should feel like a princess!
I am attempting to download the Walt Disney font. I have followed the instructions in the sticky thead about how to download. We have windows xp. Each time I attempt to open the file, it opens it in Adobe Acrobat, then gives me an error message. I had my dh look at it, and he says we do not have software to decompress zip files. Can anyone help he? Where can I find software that will open the zip file? I don't even have a clue what a zip file is. :confused3

princessh said:
I am attempting to download the Walt Disney font. I have followed the instructions in the sticky thead about how to download. We have windows xp. Each time I attempt to open the file, it opens it in Adobe Acrobat, then gives me an error message. I had my dh look at it, and he says we do not have software to decompress zip files. Can anyone help he? Where can I find software that will open the zip file? I don't even have a clue what a zip file is. :confused3

What is the three character extension of the file that you are trying to open? I don't have an unzip program on my computer and I can open them. I have Windows XP. I believe the unzip program is now built-in. How are you trying to open the file? Once I get these answers, I may be able to help you.

I am unsure what the three charachter extension is. :confused3 I was attempting to follow the instuctions from http://momscorner4kids.com/fonts/download.htm

I got this website from the design tips sticky.

I think at this point I will try and download a free service that I can use to unzip the file. I am really clueless when it comes to computers! :badpc: Thanks for all the input!

I too have windows XP and followed her directions and had no problems. When I first did it, I tried to have both dialogue boxes open at the same time so I could read and then do at the same time.

P.S. In one of the boxes that pops up you need to click on the words unzip or extract files. I forget the wording.

I have verified in the Help of Windows XP that the unzip function is built-in for XP. You should not need anything else to use these fonts. I think that you might be double-clicking the files that display after you open the font from the website. At that point, it would try to open it in a program. Instead, you need to click Extract Files from the left side of the screen without clicking on any of the files in the My Computer screen.

After you've done the extraction, there is also a second step of installing the font. Good luck.

Just wanted to say thank you! I finally got the font installed! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter