• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need help surprising DD & friend

SC Minnie

I'm no quitter - Are we there yet?
This will be DD8's third trip to WDW. In past vacations it has just been the 3 of us(me, DH, & DD). This trip I asked one of her best friends mother if the friend could join us. The mother said yes! We decided to to keep it a secret from the girls for a while. The trip is in about 60 days and that can be an eternity to 8y olds! Anyway, I was wanting some suggestions on a neat way to tell the girls. DD already as a GOH badge so I was going to order one for her friend. I am also going to order the EPCOT passports and autograph book. But I can't think of a neat way to incorporate it all into a big surprise.

BTW this will be the friends first trip.

How about a scavenger hunt? I'm hoping to bring my little sisters (8, 7 and 5) on our December trip, and if we're able to, here's what I've got planned:

My parents will tell them that they're coming to visit my family. It won't be a lie (they'd drive down - a few hours' drive - to spend the night, and then we'd all fly out together the next day), plus it will explain the packing, the make-up homework, etc.

In the meantime, I'll have done things like gotten them pins, made them each an autograph book and/or journal, etc. I'll make up a little gift basket for each of them with their Disney stuff in it, and then I'll leave clues throughout the house for them to find. Each clue will tell them a little bit more about where they're going, and at the end will be the baskets.

I'm anxious to see other ideas as well...it's fun to add to the magic! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter