Need Help Re Place To Pick Up Relatives At MCO

Scotch

DIS Veteran
We're departing for our first trip to WDW on Saturday June 22nd! My spouse and I are arriving two days ahead of my FIL and BIL; we will pick up the rental car from MCO on our arrival on Saturday and pick up my FIL and BIL on Monday. None of us are familiar with MCO. I would like to avoid the hassle of parking and walking into the terminal to pick up my FIL and BIL at the gate on Monday. Instead, I want to tell my FIL and BIL (who are arriving on American Airlines) to walk outside of either the "arrival" or "baggage claim" level or the "departure" level and wait on the curbside, if MCO is set up thus. Is there just one arrival/baggage claim level (or one departure level) for AA passengers? Would you recommend an alternative?

If they are not there when you arrive at baggage claim, you will not be able to wait, you'll have to keep circling around. Do you have a cell phone you can keep in contact with them with?

American is terminal A, you'll have to watch for the signs as you approach the airport, it splits out into A and B.

If both of you go, one person can go to the arrivals/baggage claim area & find them while the other stays with the car. And drives around as necessary :)

Scotch.....The MCO website that is posted earlier is invaluable. We had a family reunion at WDW last Dec. and met all of our family arriving on 6 different flights at the airport. You can look up what gates their airline arrives at and you can wait for them to arrive just past the security area.

I also had some of our party meet us at the Shipyard Brew Pub which was centrally located (and also provided us with a little libation while waiting).

I printed out the maps and gave copies to all of our incoming party and circled meeting spots. It worked out perfectly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter