Need help prioritizing ADR's

niclodn

DIS Veteran
I'm hoping y'all can help me try to prioritize the order in which I need to make ADR's. We have a very complicated trip coming up (multiple groups arriving on different days and also have a couple split stays thrown in for good measure - LOL) and with ADR's going fast, I'm not sure which I should try for first. Here are the details:

Traveling July 21-31. Below are the ADR's we'd like along with ADR date and number of people. I know I will most likely need to make 2 ADR's and ask at check-in to be seated together for some of these, but I'm not sure what the max number of people per ADR is at each restaurant.

July 22 (ADR date 5/22): CRT for 6 (breakfast); TREX for 6 (dinner)
July 24 (ADR date 5/24 for 6 of us/5/25 for the other 7): B&C for 6 (lunch); HDDR for 13 (dinner)
July 25 (ADR date 5/24 for 6 of us/5/25 for the other 7): SciFi for 13 (lunch or dinner; although would prefer lunch)
July 26 (ADR date 5/24 for 6 of us/5/25 for the other 7): Storybook for 13 (dinner)
July 27 (ADR date 5/24 for 6 of us/5/25 for the other 7): CP for 13 (if characters are back - any meal) OR CRT for 13 (breakfast) OR O'hana (breakfast - only if characters are back) - CP is preferred if characters are back
July 28 (ADR date 5/24 for 6 of us/5/25 for the other 7): Space 220 for 13 (lunch)
July 29 (ADR date 5/24 for 3 of us/5/25 for the other 7): O'hana for 10 (breakfast); LTT for 3 (lunch/dinner)
July 30 (ADR date 5/24): Trattoria for 3 (breakfast - only if characters are back); CM for 3 (dinner)
July 31 (ADR date 5/31): Boma for 3 (breakfast)

Any help is greatly appreciated! TIA!

I'm hoping y'all can help me try to prioritize the order in which I need to make ADR's. We have a very complicated trip coming up (multiple groups arriving on different days and also have a couple split stays thrown in for good measure - LOL) and with ADR's going fast, I'm not sure which I should try for first. Here are the details:

Traveling July 21-31. Below are the ADR's we'd like along with ADR date and number of people. I know I will most likely need to make 2 ADR's and ask at check-in to be seated together for some of these, but I'm not sure what the max number of people per ADR is at each restaurant.

July 22 (ADR date 5/22): CRT for 6 (breakfast); TREX for 6 (dinner)
July 24 (ADR date 5/24 for 6 of us/5/25 for the other 7): B&C for 6 (lunch); HDDR for 13 (dinner)
July 25 (ADR date 5/24 for 6 of us/5/25 for the other 7): SciFi for 13 (lunch or dinner; although would prefer lunch)
July 26 (ADR date 5/24 for 6 of us/5/25 for the other 7): Storybook for 13 (dinner)
July 27 (ADR date 5/24 for 6 of us/5/25 for the other 7): CP for 13 (if characters are back - any meal) OR CRT for 13 (breakfast) OR O'hana (breakfast - only if characters are back) - CP is preferred if characters are back
July 28 (ADR date 5/24 for 6 of us/5/25 for the other 7): Space 220 for 13 (lunch)
July 29 (ADR date 5/24 for 3 of us/5/25 for the other 7): O'hana for 10 (breakfast); LTT for 3 (lunch/dinner)
July 30 (ADR date 5/24): Trattoria for 3 (breakfast - only if characters are back); CM for 3 (dinner)

Any help is greatly appreciated! TIA!
I think you would need to prioritize Ohana, CRT, storybook, and B&C as your first to try. You may need to call for those party of 13 reservations.

Wish I had some advice, but all I can say is good luck!
Space 220 will be very hard to get. O'Hana as well.

Wish I had some advice, but all I can say is good luck!
Space 220 will be very hard to get. O'Hana as well.
Thanks! We are definitely going into this trip with low expectations, so it won't be the end of the world if we cannot get ADR's :)

I think you would need to prioritize Ohana, CRT, storybook, and B&C as your first to try. You may need to call for those party of 13 reservations.
Thanks! Really trying to NOT have to call if at all possible - we'd be good with splitting into 2 reservations at similar times if necessary.

I don't have any expert advice either but just from my experience when I did my ADRs last month I saw very little availability for Space 220, Sci-fi and Storybook. B&C I saw a lot of times available on different days but with a party of 13 I'm not so sure as that restaurant in general is on the small side.

If I were you I would prioritize Space, Ohana, CRT and Storybook.

Thanks! Really trying to NOT have to call if at all possible - we'd be good with splitting into 2 reservations at similar times if necessary.
Oh yes splitting would be so much easier to book. I wouldn’t want to call either. Those wait times…🙄

I did my ADR’s for a party of 7 on April 1. We have 8 days. I did manage to get Chef Mickey’s, CRT, Topolinos dinner & Sci-Fi, but I put them all towards the end of our trip. I wanted CM at 60+2 for breakfast and I couldn’t get it for any party # combination. CRT & Sci-fi were lunch. I also snagged a Garden Grill dinner by moving it towards the end of my trip. I wanted day 60.

I had my DD booking with me and she booked Topolinos, CM & Sci-Fi in that order. While I checked for the dessert party (wasn’t open yet) and booked CRT. Those were our priorities. Then we moved on to our other ADR’s and started moving things around.

July 22 (ADR date 5/22): CRT for 6 (breakfast); TREX for 6 (dinner) (both of these will be crazy hard to get since it's at the beginning of your trip)
July 25 (ADR date 5/24 for 6 of us/5/25 for the other 7): SciFi for 13 (lunch or dinner; although would prefer lunch) (this one will also be incredibly difficult to get this early in your stay)
July 28 (ADR date 5/24 for 6 of us/5/25 for the other 7): Space 220 for 13 (lunch) (at our 60 day mark we could get Space 220 for 6 on our 8th day of the trip!)

You can split and even book times 20 min appart still works perfect. We do that all the time and at the check in podium ask for seating together or at least near each other. Be advice you will be charged 18% gratuities for parties of 6 or more

With what sounds like several different groups/families, I think it is difficult to find places that suit everyone's budget/preferences for eating. Unless one person is going to specify where everyone else eats, I just don't see this as practical. An obvious example is some people like a big breakfast, while others may just want a coffee/donut. I would suggest letting each family make their own reservations and perhaps agree on 1-2 dinners where everyone will meet as a group. Even if they can seat 13 people at one table, it really won't be practical for those at one end of the table to have a conversation with those at the other end.

Walking around any of the parks with a group that large isn't something I would recommend. Everyone probably has their own idea of which rides/shows they want to do and having one person arrange the days for everyone else isn't what I would suggest.

With what sounds like several different groups/families, I think it is difficult to find places that suit everyone's budget/preferences for eating. Unless one person is going to specify where everyone else eats, I just don't see this as practical. An obvious example is some people like a big breakfast, while others may just want a coffee/donut. I would suggest letting each family make their own reservations and perhaps agree on 1-2 dinners where everyone will meet as a group. Even if they can seat 13 people at one table, it really won't be practical for those at one end of the table to have a conversation with those at the other end.

Walking around any of the parks with a group that large isn't something I would recommend. Everyone probably has their own idea of which rides/shows they want to do and having one person arrange the days for everyone else isn't what I would suggest.
Unless your group is in agreement. Mine was. I’ve done a trip with 11 & 13 Pre-Covid. We toured together, rode together, ate together and it was all great. But we are all vets who do the parks the same way and they were happy to follow my lead since I got them on every ride. Trip with 7 people at the end of the month. That should be a breeze!

I don't know the OP or his/her family, so am merely pointing out things to consider. When we last went to Disney in a large group, everyone did not always want to do exactly the same things so we were candid with each other in making our plans. Several older threads discuss making plans for large groups.

Last edited:

Walking around any of the parks with a group that large isn't something I would recommend. Everyone probably has their own idea of which rides/shows they want to do and having one person arrange the days for everyone else isn't what I would suggest
We have already decided that we will be eating/touring together as this the first visit for the majority of the group. And we will have 7 children who will most definitely want to ride/sit together at meals. We know that it will be a bit of a hassle, but are prepared for that.

I wouldn't risk losing another possible ADR by going all-in for Space 220 first thing...it's not worth it.

I wouldn't risk losing another possible ADR by going all-in for Space 220 first thing...it's not worth it.
Yeah, I think some of the others are higher priority for us. I think we will try stand-by if we cannot get an ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter