Need help, please.

wcw57

DIS Veteran
We are (as of right now) going to rent 3 standard view studios in Boardwalk Villas....I prefer highest floor and it seems that rooms 5071,5073, 5079, 5081 best fit our criteria. Is 5071 directly next to the elevators?

The reason I prefer higher floors is to avoid the stomping sounds overhead....am I wrong in my assumption of noise?

Any other suggestions, reviews, etc are requested and most appreciated....

btw, I have done a bunch of research online but you are my go-to guys for correct information.....

Just put in a request for highest floor. Putting in specific room requests rarely is successful, especially 3 of them.

Good luck renting 3 standards, getting them close together and close to the elevators. We have never noticed noise from other rooms at BWV, we have at OKW though.

:earsboy: Bill

Requests are never guaranteed, and specific room requests are rarely available. It isn't like a cruise ship where all the rooms fill and empty out the same day. Keep your requests simple, like "Upper floor" and nearby to each other, and hope for the best. And remember, if traveling with children, there has to be an adult in every room, as studios do not connect (The Poly would be the exception)

We are (as of right now) going to rent 3 standard view studios in Boardwalk Villas....I prefer highest floor and it seems that rooms 5071,5073, 5079, 5081 best fit our criteria. Is 5071 directly next to the elevators?

The reason I prefer higher floors is to avoid the stomping sounds overhead....am I wrong in my assumption of noise?

Any other suggestions, reviews, etc are requested and most appreciated....

btw, I have done a bunch of research online but you are my go-to guys for correct information.....
If being near each other is a top priority, then make that your only request. If you request top floor, you may find your group separated by a very long hallway and still on separate floors.

On a side note, I would not count on being able to book 3 std. view studios at BWV. They usually book up quickly and BWV owners often get shut out of their vacation dates even when they are online right at 8 AM for their 11-month booking window.

Last edited:
You might avoid "stomping sounds overhead", but those rooms close to the elevator won't necessarily be quiet. Most of the noise at the BWV comes from outside and especially the hallways. The closer to the elevator, the more hallway traffic. Prepare for running children and loud talking. The standard view rooms close to the elevators overlook the entrance. You may hear idling buses, the beeps from trucks backing up and perhaps the banging of luggage from the BAGS area. That all sounds worse than it probably is, but the rooms farther away from the elevators will be quieter.

Since you mentioned renting, I have to warn you that getting 3 standard view studios at the BWV is a long shot. Depending on your travel dates, it could be virtually impossible.

I agree with those that say requesting specifc rooms is a recipe for failure. If you are fortunate enough to book 3 studios, my advice is to request top floor and ask the owner to have MS put a "traveling with" note on all three reservations. That would give you the best chance of getting the rooms close together.

Good luck!

Hotels aren't like a cruise ship where every cabin is vacated and filled simultaneously. The only rooms the resort can assign to you are ones which have guests leaving the day you are scheduled to arrive. The odds of requesting 4 rooms and getting 3 of them are virtually non-existent. You'd be lucky to get 3 rooms on the same floor.

Also there are no studios with interior connecting doors at the BoardWalk. The only DVC resort which has connecting studios is the Polynesian.

To have any chance of booking 3 studios, you need to find an owner with enough Boardwalk Home resort points to rent you 11 months prior to check-in. For many dates, you'd be lucky to get 1 BWV Standard Studio 10 1/2 months before arrival. The trip referenced in your countdown banner--I hope that isn't the one where you hope to rent DVC points because you aren't getting BWV Standards Studios for December 2018. You'd have to be looking March 2019 or later for a realistic shot. Those rooms are in short supply and very popular due to the resort location and relative low cost.

Good luck.

yeah....the ticker WAS correct when we planned on DEC....I have to change it one of these days, I guess. Thanks for the heads-up!

To have any chance of booking 3 studios, you need to find an owner with enough Boardwalk Home resort points to rent you 11 months prior to check-in. For many dates, you'd be lucky to get 1 BWV Standard Studio 10 1/2 months before arrival.
I disagree, I think your best best is to find three different BWV owners, because each owner may only have time to grab one standard view studio. Basically, you should probably be thinking about preferred view.

yeah....the ticker WAS correct when we planned on DEC....I have to change it one of these days, I guess. Thanks for the heads-up!
Since you didn’t say when you rescheduled for I’ll just add if it is anytime in the fall of next year or beyond I expect BWV studios to become even more difficult as Star Wars land is supposed to open late next year. Standard view are currently nearly impossible for renters to snag during the fall because the pretty much book up right at 8 am every day (many owners get shut out) so you’d have to have an owner book one at exactly 8 am and still risk being shut out (forget about multiple ones). I suspect this problem will get worse once Star Wars land opens and standard view studios may start routinely disappearing at exactly 11 months even in the “slow” DVC season since so many people want to be close to DHs

if you mean 8 months from now, don"t count on it. that's December 2018

If ur referring to the OP (me)...Kat is correct ....no caps used (other than grammatically correct ones). Just easier to read sized font and.....oh no!....bold-face. Sorry if I've broken the rules....

I’ve been granted requests about 50% of the time. Certainly not a given so I’d focus on most important one, assume that is being close together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter