Need Help.. Picking Possible Split Stay Deluxe Resort

zeus12

Earning My Ears
We (family of 4, Kids 5 and 10) are staying at Coronado for 2 weeks at the end of October. We talked about possibly doing a split stay and jumping over to a Deluxe for the last 3 nights.

Would love to hear some suggestions on which one is best and why? (Since Coronado's pool is closed having a nice pool that is open would be bonus)

TIA.

If it's a nice pool I would say either Poly or Beach Club is that is your most important criteria.
Wouldn't say it's my most important criteria. Was kind of thinking AKL, but not sure if it's worth doing if you're not in a savanna view room.

Depends on which parks you want to be near. I’d say either poly or yacht for convenience and nice pools.

Wouldn't say it's my most important criteria. Was kind of thinking AKL, but not sure if it's worth doing if you're not in a savanna view room.
The pool at Jambo House at AKL is closed in October too. I do love that resort though. Even if you don’t have a savanna view, it is great.

I would pick Yacht or Beach Club. You can’t beat their pool and 2 parks within walking distance- or a short boat ride is a winning combination!

Is this for this Oct? If so availability at any of the Epcot resorts could be slim.

I would also probably try to pick based on park plans at this point.

Poly should you want to stay closer to MK and AK.
YC/BC for Epcot and HS proximity. All three of the aforementioned have really nice pools.

I know everyone's opinions are different, but we've found we don't need a savanna room. We've stayed pool view and savanna view and while the savanna view was nice, I loved our pool view just as much. It is nice to sit on your balcony looking out over the savanna and watching the animals, but there are several animal viewing areas around the resort that make up for that (at least for us). AKL is such a beautiful/unique resort that we could stay in any room type and be happy.

Even if you don’t have a savanna view, it is great.

I agree!

Is this for this Oct? If so availability at any of the Epcot resorts could be slim.

I've found this to be true at most (if not all) of the deluxe resorts. Oct is such a busy time to go anymore that it doesn't take long for resorts to fill up.

YC & BC are hard to get into in October with the Food & Wine going on, I’ve been checking multiple times a day. We did get into BW but I’m not sure how great the pool is but it does have a slide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter