Need help or direction on getting refund from ebay scrapper.

muushupork

its alive
Hi. Im new to all this. after getting very excited that i had easily won a 200 pin lot from a seller on ebay i started maybe it was too good to be true. from the research ive done on this forum, not only is the seller considered bad, but the size and price of the lot of pins has me convinced that im getting scrappers. I traded pins for the first time this past weekend and i fell in love. now that ive looked into the pins i already have i can tell half are fakes.

Either way, I started this thread to ask for any help, info, or links to any threads were i can find out exactly what i have to do to get my money back. I think it involves emailing the seller with my concerns and asking for a refund. But is it that simple? what if the seller says no for any reason? what are my options? Honestly i havent even gotten them yet but i am 100% positive that they are fake and would like to be prepared to do what ever i need to do to get a refund. Thanks to anyone for their help in advance and i hope to continue to learn from this forum.

here's what I did. don't let them get away with it. know that this person did something illegal and you can do whatever necessary to stop him. i got some scrappers once and i never returned the pins (or traded them, don't worry, kept them for fun at home) and got my money back. open a complaint with ebay and also call disney legal dept. If nobody answers at the legal dept. then proceed to leave a message with the sellers name and situation. If you open up the complaint on ebay and explain you have contacted disney legal to the seller, they will most likely give you your money back and flee. Trust me, the one guy fought for about 5 messages and then gave up. They're not THAT stupid, they know what they're doing and they know when to quit. Good luck.

Just file a complaint thru ebay about fraud items or item description not accurate

First off the people in some of these posts will make you crazy. Not all of those lots are strictly scrappers. I got some great pins in a lot of 50 that I purchased before reading the craziness on here. I am not really sorry that I purchased the lot now. I ended up keeping most of them because they were so cute. Check your pins over carefully when they arrive. In the end I saw fakes/scrappers on cast landyards left and right but maybe had one or two in my lot. One was a minnie mouse angel which is around here somewhere.

The problem is that the factories sell out the back door so to say. If Disney really wanted to put a stop to this it would be so simple move the factories to the states or put better security of their own in place at the Chinese factories. They do neither which really makes me wonder. In the end I think the cheap Disney pins help Disney sell pins in the park because if we get really interested in the pins we will buy ones that we totally love while visiting and such for full price. I gave up buying for a long time after spending $150 on stitch ones for my daughter. Now I am buying again all because of one silly lot.

First off the people in some of these posts will make you crazy. Not all of those lots are strictly scrappers. I got some great pins in a lot of 50 that I purchased before reading the craziness on here. I am not really sorry that I purchased the lot now. I ended up keeping most of them because they were so cute. Check your pins over carefully when they arrive. In the end I saw fakes/scrappers on cast landyards left and right but maybe had one or two in my lot. One was a minnie mouse angel which is around here somewhere.

The problem is that the factories sell out the back door so to say. If Disney really wanted to put a stop to this it would be so simple move the factories to the states or put better security of their own in place at the Chinese factories. They do neither which really makes me wonder. In the end I think the cheap Disney pins help Disney sell pins in the park because if we get really interested in the pins we will buy ones that we totally love while visiting and such for full price. I gave up buying for a long time after spending $150 on stitch ones for my daughter. Now I am buying again all because of one silly lot.

IME these lots are strictly scrappers, at least anything that's got 200 pins in it! OP you will find that you receive many duplicates and those are likely to be scrappers. The factories aren't selling out the back door, they are selling the molds to other companies, those companies manufacture pins using the molds but they are not authorized by Disney. Another scenario is that a pin is not passed thru QC so the pin should be "scrapped" but it is not, instead those pins are sold on the secondary market, hence the term scrapper.

I have been able to purchase lots of 40, 50 and even once a lot of 80 pins that were mostly good. The lot of 40 had 2 or 3 scrappers in it, the lots of 50and 80 were both good as far as I could tell. But all the lots of 100 that I purchased were scrappers. I've never purchased a lot of 200 but given my past experiences with lots of 100 I would imagine they are scrappers too.

OP tell the seller you want a refund with shipping, if they don't give it to you leave them neg FB and file with eBay and Paypal. I'm sure you've probably already done so, we would like an update if/when you can. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter